Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did not read the preceding forum novels
Probably because you read at a second grade level.
Old 08-20-2020, 11:27 AM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Good post tuljin

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-20-2020, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's really interesting about this thread is that it was started by one of the biggest assholes to play on P99 and start this ridiculous ~~~rAiD~~~ escalation...8 years ago? 9?

You leave the server and come back and see that now people are charging dues for guild membership on top of other requirements. What happened is one guild started to do it, now everybody else does it. Nobody else did it before. This isn't "how it is." It's unprecedented on P99 and it is a very new phenomenon. It is another example of the -very- unclassic ~~~rAiD gUiLd~~~ escalation.

I mean, there was a period in time (a long period) where there were no "clicky requirements." Another example of escalation. When you throw 100 people at a target you don't even need to click shit.

What all the nubs on this server that sign up for this shit to coattail ride don't realize that what is really "classic" is a handful of Crowns of Riles on the entire server. Not...5 years of Kunark. Not "how many full BiS level 60s do you have after 5 years of NToV races." In "classic" EQ the idea of a fully BiS toon in an expansion besides a guild tank is absolutely laughable.

There are so many people lined up for this stupid shit and it is simply impossible for everybody to get loot on a truly "classic" timeline. So you make it "harder" to meet raid requirements, charge people -more- money to be in the guild, lots of people aren't getting -any- drops, then you....don't have warmbody nubs lining up to fill out your guild anymore.

I don't like the "entitled" nubs on Green. The /petition culture, the people reporting people for name violations, the camping individual spawns, blah blah, its so much different than the "wild west" of earlier days of Blue when people still understood the "rules" of EQ...not our understanding of the rules after 5+ years of ridiculous FTE races and carebear bullshit.

What happens is....these same "entitled" nubs start following the ever-escalating ~~~rAiD rEqUiReMeNtS~~~ of the now decade-old cabal that has been going pathetically "hard" on 20 year old dragons for far too long. These same "entitled" people are still "entitled" - - - they just now think that jumping through flaming hoops to get other people server first drops "entitles" them to loot instead of just sitting around bitching about it. The thing is - - - it doesn't. These people can't do shit on their own, it'll be amazing to see how many people on this box -will not- get to 60.

The "entitlement" actually comes from both sides. Why do the people who forum jockey and make spreadsheets all fucking day "deserve" drops over someone who puts their time in in Norrath? The answer? They don't "deserve" shit. They just make the fucking rules. The people "in charge" get the drops and continue to make/alter the rules so that they continue to get them.

Here's the thing - I'm not even "mad" about it. I simply don't participate. I know I don't "deserve" it and I'm not "entitled" at all. I will say though...that its fucking stupid. And that's just, like, my opinion, man. And a lot of people on P99 would agree (besides the nubs, of course, who have no understanding of anything different)

There won't be enough gear to go around on this box for how many mouths there are to feed. That is a fact.

Yes this is true...and this is how you get level 50 druids fucking quadding Oggok guards and fucking with peoples XP just to farm fine steel. Exactly what someone wants to do when they could be camping some ez bullshit AFK green mob for DKP or poopsocking for DKP or spending time at guild events getting attendance. Invest in DKP not coin

I mean sure dude...but what happens to all that shit you give away when you're in the rat race to be awarded loot all day. That's the point

This shit is hilarious
https://youtu.be/Jawx1Wut0GE
Old 08-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Nothing says "Friends and Family, etc" like a monthly tithing. I remember my father beating me with the leather belt if I didn't cough up my 500 plat a month Son Status payment.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:30 PM
Fire Giant

I am a big fan of paywalls for multiplayer games. Even though rogean can't collect money off this project, we should all be forced to throw 20 dollars a month into a black hole to play here. Reduces the amount of degenerates substantially in the player base. Sounds like these guilds have the right idea along the same line.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Whatever guilds come up with ways to fund themselves without charging players are gonna see an increase in membership

By trying to tax your members you are gonna defund yourself.

Anyone thinking that 100% of these funds are going toward guild function only are naive and lying to themselves. a couple guys are gonna collect from 100 people? lulz.

Who is to say who paid what and when? Its not like there will be an electronic transaction history and an SEC/IRS auditing this income
Old 08-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is to say who paid what and when? Its not like there will be an electronic transaction history and an SEC/IRS auditing this income
We can form the Regulatory Body of Pixel Finances, members would be able to have GM access into logs for trades.

There are people that would feel super important by doing this.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Where do I sign up, 500p in an hour ezpz
do I get any flair on the aussie forums?
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

This game creates raving lunatics out of mild mannered nerds
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread