Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default What level for Everfrost to Qeynos?

Old player back and playing this wonderful P99 experience. Thanks to all who support it.

I created a shaman in Halas to play with my friend who is playing a human monk in Qeynos. We're just little lowbies right now.

I'm wondering what level you all think would be high enough to brave all the terrors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] of the trip from Everfrost through BB and QH to Qeynos? IMO Everfrost pretty much sucks as a newbie area and I can't wait to make the trip.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:15 PM
Kobold

Just put all your stuff in the bank and strafe run at lvl 1. Or ask for a sow. You have to go back to buy spells though...
Old 01-16-2017, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

Everfrost is a great newbie zone but it's hard as hell cause some of the skeleton mobs will beat you down before you know what hit you. But if you avoid them and kill the small polar bears and the spiderlings for silk and polar bear skins. You can make some good money for Shaman spells.

I stayed in Everfrost with my Barbarian Shaman until least level 9, 10 or 11 until everything was green and then I started on the Gnolls by Blackburrow.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Getting through BB shouldn't be a problem. There's usually a few people there who keep the trash up top clear. If it isnt, I'm sure someone would help you clear it. It's all about the fangs!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

first off shm+monk is a excellent duo.
second if you can't get through BB. Consider having your friend roll a barb shaman also (temporarily) to toss you heals while you fight mobs to get you high enough level ~8-12 to get through BB without dieing.
Then your friend can delete that shaman and you can both continue on from there.

I've seen people do it at level 5 and 6. Most don't make it at those levels unless they can strafe run well.
Learn the layout of the everfrost to BB tunnel,. There are rocks you can get stuck on and the gnoll guards will get ya!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by raengrey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old player back and playing this wonderful P99 experience. Thanks to all who support it.

I created a shaman in Halas to play with my friend who is playing a human monk in Qeynos. We're just little lowbies right now.

I'm wondering what level you all think would be high enough to brave all the terrors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] of the trip from Everfrost through BB and QH to Qeynos? IMO Everfrost pretty much sucks as a newbie area and I can't wait to make the trip.

Thanks.
Everfrost is actually one of the best newbie areas (I know it looks terrible), you can stay there a little longer than other newbie areas, I'd stay until at least 5, get your spells, then just stay in BB until like 12 (qeynos fang quest), then head to WK.

Remember you gotta run back to Halas for your spells.

If you're careful you can do it at level 1, but there is a lot of random stuff that can kill you on the way.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everfrost is actually one of the best newbie areas .
I was actually just complaining a bit about being level 1, penniless and untwinked, trying to kill stuff with this stupid club (couldn't afford any spells) when virtually 90-95% of the mobs are yellow.

Things are going a bit better now, but you have to admit the Qeynos newbie yard is a much easier place to get started.

I will say the community in this game is really great, people have kindly stopped to buff me more times than I can count now, so thanks to you all for that. I plan on returning the favor when I can.
Closed Thread