Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

I still say this forum needs a popcorn emoticon... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being nice is its own reward. They teach you this in elementary school.
Be Nice !!!

Number 1 Rule!!

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry for popping into an old thread, just wanted to share my 2 cents.

I'm happy to receive anything at all. I'm still a new player (34 Druid is my highest), so I don't venture out too far from the spires unless I'm deliberately leveling. If you can get to me at the spire, I'll port you anywhere I'm able and not ask for anything in return. Back in the day, I never asked for tips and still received enough to get me by.

This way, if you're a lowbie or in a bind or don't have plat - it's no problem. If you're more situated, you can set your own price for what you feel is fair. I just enjoy the social interaction and feeling that I'm helping people out. However, if you see me struggling with my mana - Clarity is a great tip. ;D

If you see Tsagora hanging around a spire, hail me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are what is wrong with EQ
Not at all.. As a Druid, the folks that tip well. Tip exactly that. Well

There are just as many 50+ players out there that dont tip a damn thing. If I'm taking you from OT to Anywhere on Velious, Im saving your ass a ton of time. If I see you fully geared, not a CR. And You throw me zero? You're never getting a port again. Thats just plain Dick move right there..
Old 01-21-2017, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthalas Winterheart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not at all.. As a Druid, the folks that tip well. Tip exactly that. Well

There are just as many 50+ players out there that dont tip a damn thing. If I'm taking you from OT to Anywhere on Velious, Im saving your ass a ton of time. If I see you fully geared, not a CR. And You throw me zero? You're never getting a port again. Thats just plain Dick move right there..
But I needz dat telly pord, I wanna kill dwaguns naow!
Old 01-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

My experience is that porters are always more than happy to port people no matter what they pay (don't forget most, if not all, do CRs and newbie ports for free). But if you're around lvl 30ish or higher and you're not tipping 1p per level up to 50p, you're being cheap.

You can argue about whether or not the porter should be doing something for others out of the kindness of their hearts, but don't forget that the same argument can be used against you (i.e. you should be generously tipping them out of the kindness of YOUR heart--particularly if you can easily afford it). In the end, you're choosing to be cheap and then arguing that they should be porting as some sort of service to the community.

I'm all for a strong, friendly, and cooperative community, but that goes both ways. Expecting someone to play the game a certain way for your benefit and not valuing that service enough to want them to benefit at the same time is cheap.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

If people want free ports, there are 2 options. Make friends with enough porting classes or convince the server to consider druids/wizards charity cases and promise them all the appropriate clickies, spells, and epics. Barring that, consider them a Taxi/Uber and donate to their cause as they've donated their time/mana/etc. to help yours.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:06 AM
Kobold

I've been porting more lately than I have for a while. I've been playing my druid more and on at later hours. I realize that's still a small sample size but it confirms what I've suspected: 1pp/level is not widely adopted.

10pp is fine if I have the time for any non-dangerous port. I've been paid more and I've been paid less (or nothing), sometimes by well geared characters. I'm not griping. If it was important, I'd have set up the payment up-front. It just seems a little silly to maintain that this is a standard when probably most of the players on the server haven't ever heard of the concept.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30-40 plat seems a bit steep.

I usually give 10p and I think thats MORE than enough.
It's not. Lol.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
30-40 plat seems a bit steep.

I usually give 10p and I think thats MORE than enough.
You are on more than one ignore list, and this will likely make it hard to find ports in the future assuming you aren't < lvl 30
Last edited by meadtj; 02-03-2017 at 12:06 AM..
Closed Thread