Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

I remember showing my parents that the NPC's could talk to me. Ran around hailing everyone being completely immersed took forever to leave Kelethin.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

I remember zoning to Lesser Fay for the first time (with my Wizard at the time), seeing a giant bat as I adventured out a little, then running for my life (nothing was attacking me) to zone because I was SCARED and it was red "What do you want your tombstone to say?"
Old 01-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Banned

I think I was 13 or so at the time, first MMO, didnt read the manual, human paladin because was influenced by ff2 snes. I remember deleting and remaking because LoH would not come back, that little porthole, a single chatbox, 6 hotkeys. My first group was with a confused caster because I was using shout to communicate and they taught me about group chat. That kinda cozy feeling about freeport, the inns, torchlight.

Then getting to level 5 and moving into EC for my first time on Bertox and watching my chatbox explode as I wondered what the fuck was going on with so many people talking. Oh my first orc came was great and filled with learning curves like not casting Flash of Light to start a fight and being OOM for hours and being roughly level 15 before someone mentions I can meditate by covering up the porthole and clicking the meditate button and missing screams and cries for help in the chatbox because EC spam was drowning it out.

The North Ro dervish camps became a thing, then crocs/orc high way, south karana.. it was about then I started to notice but not know better/anything else about how cramped Bertox was. a gnoll per group of 6 outside Paw, a group per hut at the aviak village. Was around HighHold(mid 30s) was the time of the server split to.. 7th hammer?

Long story short I miss my AA Horse and Slay Undead
Old 01-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Kobold

I was a freshman in high school. Brother came home from college for spring break I guess, April 2000. Installed this game on the computer that he had been playing. "What is this Everquest?" Watched over his shoulder for awhile as he dinked around Freeport/East commons. He said I could create a character and play when he wasn't around and try it out.

Created a troll warrior and toiled around the swamp for the next few days. Wanted to play where I saw my older brother play, and asked in zone about getting there. (Vaguely remember the game came with like a cloth map? That sound right? Maybe it wasn't cloth, but anyway..) High level offered to lead me all the way there. Running through south ro, I remember seeing a giant spider (and thinking, holy shit, I'm screwed!) Guy got me all the way to Freeport area and told me I should ask someone for a bind. Got one and then messed around in East Commons.

Eventually I would end up playing on my brother's account a lot, as he went to basic training and tech school for the air force. I ended up getting leveled up past where his highest toon was, and also made a druid and leveled him up aways. When my brother finally had time to play again, it was around my birthday so he created an account for me and paid for three months worth of subscription on it. I didn't want to give up my warrior and druid though, who were probably around level 30 at the time, so the account he gifted to me became his and I just took over paying for his old one. Then while I wasn't playing and was at school he would be use my druid to PL his toons up so we could play together.

One of my best memories though, is before he got me my own account, I was in a class in high school where I was doing architectural drafting on a computer that was very much self paced and not heavily supervised. I happened to look around at the programs on the computer I was working on and found that someone had installed EQ on it. That was my new favorite class, and since we were on block scheduling, the class was an hour and a half long and I had plenty of time to play and mess around. One day though I freaked my brother out because he was playing when I logged on at school, which kicked him off. He thought someone had hacked the account so he changed the password on me. I had a good laugh about that when I got home from school and he told me.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

props to you for making a troll warrior. I tried making an ogre warrior before Kunark launched and was turned off by how comparatively hard and quiet it was in Feerott compared to gfay/freeport/etc
Closed Thread