Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 06:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default This is Amazing!!

So I didn't even know about this and I'm ashamed. I currently play EQ2 on the TLE server as a Bruiser, but I played EQ1 from Kunark on as a Bard. I got 5 years out of that EQ1 and I LOVED IT!

I am going to try and get this working TONIGHT!

I'm torn between a Wood Elf Bard or Dark Elf Shadowknight... I loved soloing PoD, pulling half the zone while groups would show up and watch me do it alone as a bard, but Shadowknight was fun and I never leveled one very far. Shadowknight it is!!! Without my Rubicite Breastplate it's going to be rough!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:33 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server! What is your SK's name?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Welcome to the server captain command prompt ^^ You may ignore the unsolicited assessment of the angry jaded elf above me, but she is correct that the server stops at Veliois...for now ^^

You will find that the age and current server progression mean that you will be able to equip yourself rather nicely from an early level with relatively little funds. If you want the true classic experience join Auld Lang Syne and just adventure wherever you like. If you offer to hop on the express track to LawyerQuest Dragon Facerolling, then collect bone chips and treat yourself to the cheapest think items you can find I the Eastern Commonlands. Good luck! ^^
Old 01-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Back!

My Shadowknight is Ulfheonar and my Bard is Requious. I decided to make both!

It was amazing.. I went out on my Bard and had to run from the first mob I attacked because it was going to win. I helped someone transfer some bone chips so they gave me 10 plat which I used to get some bags and all my Songs until 6. Someone also ran by and gave me Splitpaw Mask/Chest/Gloves and a Gladius so I'm doing pretty well. I hit 3, zoned into EC, and was promptly squashed by a mountain lion before I could make it to the guard at the Inn hahaha. Need that Selos!

I'm torn though. I played Bard pretty much 100% the entire time I played EQ1 originally. The thought of twisting songs makes my hands hurt already hahaha, but having bard speed is amazing for travel, and camping Jboots.... UGH... I did that once for one alt I made and it was horrific.. I was in line for 32 hours straight before I finally got the kill it was HARSH! Part of me wants to try something else, and I never had a Shadowknight high enough to even have spells in the past so it seems like a more interesting choice, but moving at normal speed everywhere... that is almost enough to make me just go Bard and be done with it! hahaha.

My Shadowknight is also Iksar, never even made an Iksar originally so it's very interesting, and confusing because I have no idea where I'm going, thank god they have good maps on the wiki!

Thanks for the great welcome by the way!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

Send Amyas a tell in game and I'll help you get started buddie!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

Smile

Glad to hear you are having so much fun! ^^ Seems like you are full of anecdote to delegitimize complaints of classic mechanics :3 Please continue posting and relocate to server chat / RNF as soon as you are feeling comfortable ^^
Old 01-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Welcome Man. I've been on and off here since 2012.. Its a beauty game and very well done.
I have just reinstalled havnt played in months. I'd love to group up or even help out.
I have some alts. I'll be playing g my 20ish Cleric mostly on my return.

Foolof is his name
Old 01-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Try a necromancer. That's my advice.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Banned

consider tak project
Old 01-19-2017, 02:12 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpkonfigCMD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hit 3, zoned into EC, and was promptly squashed by a mountain lion before I could make it to the guard at the Inn hahaha. Need that Selos!
There are no mountain lions in EC. Not sure how I can trust anything you say now.
Closed Thread