Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Troll was the suggestion above, but personally I found Halfling works well to this style, hide//sneak really cuts down on invis potions used and opens up a lot of vendors/quests you might not normally be able to access.
Hmmmmmm, this intrigues me when you say more vendors/quests. I do like the idea of being smaller and on the good side. Hard to say goodbye to regen though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Default Pick ME!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not min maxing here. We're talking Popeye forearms, aerodynamics and testosterone so...
okay, if we are talking Popeye forearms, aerodynamics and testosterone; I can't believe no one suggested a male dwarf warrior.

Dwarfs have a good start on str/sta though not nearly as high as large races, but they certainly have a manly look to them -- Solid Arm, Mega Manly Beard, and aren't as short in statue as a Gnome or Halfling.

Now the male dwarf I hear has far superior aerodynamics and no one is going to be kicking him around... dwarfs just don't stand for that... hell they even hate being tossed, unless absolutely necessary to get over those large chasms. However give them a good running start and with a hardy leap they will preform spectacular feats of dexterity -- the barrel roll!!!

Granted the dwarf does have his drawbacks -- regular bathing required to keep the facial hair all neat and clean (a dwarf true pride & joy), unable to hide / sneak like those tricky halflings, is burdened by the goodness in his heart unlike trolls, ogre, iksars.

In the end a dwarf warrior can make a great companion and is liked by humans, elves, his own kin, gnomes and halflings even if he can't have his or well I guess someone else's precious??
Old 01-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're not min maxing here. We're talking Popeye forearms, aerodynamics and testosterone so...
I think the best way to gear trolls is with plate hands/gloves and cloth (azure?) sleeves. This gives the appearance of some chunky metal box armour gauntlets with lithe upper arms. Makes a bit more visual sense. Chain look tunic compliments this look well in my opinion.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Large Rat

So as an update, I have been able to play a Halfling Warrior up to 16 and I have been having a lot of fun!

- I really like being smaller, easier to move around and look
- Tanking in this game is my thing, I can see myself playing this style for a long time.
- I have also played a Dwarf Paladin to 17 which I really like.

Now I can't decide which class I would want to play more. I can't hold aggro nearly as well with the Warrior, but the DPS is really fun (but passive) way to hold hate.

1.) Which is better to solo? I really would like to avoid soloing if at all possible, but I would hate to rely only on grouping
2.) Questing is probably my favorite thing in this game, does one class have an advantage over the other?

Let me know your opinions, I would greatly appreciate them.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Aviak

A paladin has more soloability than a warrior. Aggro problems can be solved with gear on the warrior - if youre on a busget try twin SSoY to start with. The important thing is aggro procs. Warrior is going to be the top tank for raids, and by top i mean... only maintank for 95% of content. Knights are going to have easier aggro in groups though. An SK is, imo, more soloable than a paladin although it may just be personal preference.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

1) Warrior is among the worst soloing classes in the game without some major twinkage (Fungi/CoF etc). Paladins are actually decent soloers. Not as good as a "real" solo class like a necro, mage, shaman, druid or enchanter, but definitely viable. Heals, buffs, and the ability to pull things solo with lull shouldn't be underestimated.

2) Both classes have plenty of quests to complete. I'd recommend looking into the Crafted Armor questline if you go warrior and the Armor of Ro questline for paladin. The armor is pretty obsolete in the Velious era, but the quests are fun and it's good to have a goal while leveling that gets you moving around to various zones instead of simply hopping from MM to CoM to KC to Seb like 90% of the server.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elf rogue, cleric, or warrior. If you raid, ever, those are the most important lv 60 classes hands down and will earn you special snowflake points since DE rogues and especially warriors are nearly non-existent and have a cool VP robe they can wear to win fashion quest.
Last edited by Cecily; 02-20-2017 at 03:30 PM..
Old 02-20-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned

dude ur spending all of ur free time reading all of the non sense posted in this thread

pick something thats not a melee and just play
Closed Thread