Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

Well,

I'm not the one banned that has been spamming every thread ever since they got guildkicked and rekt server wide lol
Old 01-20-2017, 01:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmoneybabybaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpqxi_V3jfQ

In case you're wondering what an ass kicking looks like. It looks like this, when nobody is in your rear view mirror and they're "cheating" just as hard. #GetGood. Biproduct of being bad, basically when you're holding a gun to someone's head and I happened to shoot first, so since you didn't get the chance to kill them, you lash out and tell on me angry that you couldn't pop your gun off first. Hipocrite much?
the sweeni beep beeps are so good
Old 01-20-2017, 03:10 AM
Aviak

I love the Sweeni horn
Old 01-20-2017, 11:26 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am 100 percent sure none of you shitbags would be competitive on phinny. you cant play without cheating
how can you be competitive, it is instanced?

you compete with yourself foolio, and you would be surprised the guild invites waiting for most of us over there
Old 01-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Banned

There are open world spawns for neckbeards to compete over as well as instances. Little bit of bearding for everyone.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suwu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how can you be competitive, it is instanced?

you compete with yourself foolio, and you would be surprised the guild invites waiting for most of us over there
The competition on Live was always to beat the content before the other guilds. Even though it was largely/entirely instanced.

Being able to say "we beat Tacvi before your guild because we executed strategies better, because our healers are more on the ball, because our tanks switch and alternate effectively, because our debuffers get debuffs in to assist Tanks, Healers and DPS quickly, our DPS knows how to use it's discs and abilities/their stacking to the best of their ability, our Raid leader knows how to create groups that synergize well allowing ADPS to provide maximum benefit to the raid and to keep everyone alive".

Rather than "we beat you because we ran off the line earlier, jumped at the right spots, strafed at the right spots, DA'd at the right spots, used voiddance at the right spots, and use Slowstone clicks to get maximum range."

The nerds on TLP servers that race though, and even live, because of the way expansions and raid content are now designed, it's not the first description anymore. It just turns into a "who can log in at Noon on a Wednesday afternoon to raid". Which is very retarded.

If P99 released some hard raid content. Like Vulak Ring Event. You could have some true competition. Cause there are 4-5 entities right now that can kill Vulak no problem. But the number that could deal with 2 Flurry Drake and 1 Wurm in camp simultaneousl or 5 Drake adds or drakelings spawning on deaths etc. I don't think any guild could do it to be honest. They just aren't disciplined enough to deal with multiple ToV adds in camp on a regular basis. Most of them abort a pull or QQ about a train if a single add comes into their camp during a dragon. Can't imagine how they'd deal with multiple flurries and other mobs simultaneously.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The competition on Live was always to beat the content before the other guilds. Even though it was largely/entirely instanced.

Being able to say "we beat Tacvi before your guild because we executed strategies better, because our healers are more on the ball, because our tanks switch and alternate effectively, because our debuffers get debuffs in to assist Tanks, Healers and DPS quickly, our DPS knows how to use it's discs and abilities/their stacking to the best of their ability, our Raid leader knows how to create groups that synergize well allowing ADPS to provide maximum benefit to the raid and to keep everyone alive".

Rather than "we beat you because we ran off the line earlier, jumped at the right spots, strafed at the right spots, DA'd at the right spots, used voiddance at the right spots, and use Slowstone clicks to get maximum range."

The nerds on TLP servers that race though, and even live, because of the way expansions and raid content are now designed, it's not the first description anymore. It just turns into a "who can log in at Noon on a Wednesday afternoon to raid". Which is very retarded.

If P99 released some hard raid content. Like Vulak Ring Event. You could have some true competition. Cause there are 4-5 entities right now that can kill Vulak no problem. But the number that could deal with 2 Flurry Drake and 1 Wurm in camp simultaneousl or 5 Drake adds or drakelings spawning on deaths etc. I don't think any guild could do it to be honest. They just aren't disciplined enough to deal with multiple ToV adds in camp on a regular basis. Most of them abort a pull or QQ about a train if a single add comes into their camp during a dragon. Can't imagine how they'd deal with multiple flurries and other mobs simultaneously.
That sounds like a blast, ring wars are the best encounters.

The competition of killing better/faster/smarter/longer seems healthy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Daldaen, as somebody that had to choose a guild on Phinny, can you say that the competition between the guilds was much of a factor? I feel like the instanced raiding and the progression that everybody will get there relatively quickly makes the top guild less meaningful.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be cool to do seasonally. Say every 4th month, all month long, Ring event is active. Would allow you to experience a classic server most of the year, but get custom p99 flavor the rest of the time. You could basically do this for any kind of custom content.

I agree tho, more challenging encounters sound very intriguing, and I don't even raid much.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suwu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That sounds like a blast, ring wars are the best encounters.

The competition of killing better/faster/smarter/longer seems healthy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Daldaen, as somebody that had to choose a guild on Phinny, can you say that the competition between the guilds was much of a factor? I feel like the instanced raiding and the progression that everybody will get there relatively quickly makes the top guild less meaningful.
There's basically 4 groups of nerds.

1: AoS - They neckbeard hard, take weeks off work (lol what job) and try to clear the content immediately. Then after that they commitment themselves to killing all the open world spawns. Every 2-3 days they're clearing all of the content in an expansion.
2: OGC - They neckbeard hard, take weeks off work (lol what job) and try to clear the content immediately. They don't really care about open world spawns.
3: Darkwind/EoE/IVAS - They have pretty strong neckbeards but they likely aren't raiding at 9 AM when PoP launches like the other two guilds. They raid hard, are scumbaggy and will try to knock out content as quickly as possible. Though they won't be on suicide watch if they don't clear it fastest.
4: Everyone else - *Puff puff pass*. We just like, want to raid content man. Whatever happens will happen.

For me it was just all "what guild isn't full a retards, actually knows what they're doing, won't be raiding at 9AM on a Tuesday". Mostly I just had 4-5 pals go to EoE which is why I ended up there. The other guilds in this tier all seem pretty similar from what I've discerned.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:08 PM
Aviak

That is some good information right there daldaen.

Seems my old live progression locked guild Wrathful Inquisition split themselves between AoS, OGC, and a few other guilds. They are def some min maxers.

Too many adventures not enough time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread