Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 08-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Sarnak

Default Classic vs Non Classic for PVP

This is a classic pvp server but in all honesty you cant recharge items on merchants which is classic. You can't use Ivandyr's Hoops which isn't classic. So many of the game mechanics are changed on this box because of the Dev's idea's of what would or what wouldn't be over powered when in reality it was classic and is still in place today. On everquest live you can use a Ivandyr's hoop to kill someone in PVP today. So many of these mechanics are changed yet the one change that the Dev's don't consider over powered is the fact that a lvl 39 bard song that is currently unresistable can instantly poof a epic pet that cost 500 mana and has a 5 minute cool down. Why exactly is this game mechanic no considered over powered. The magician epic is one of the if not the hardest and longest epic quest in the game. The song any lvl 39 bard can buy for a few plat. This is a game mechanic that was changed in 2002 because of how over powered it was and imbalanced it was for PvP. A Mechanic that Everquest chose to change instead of keep. When can we see some balance for our Magicians in PVP. It's not enough that we don't get double bolts, we don't get zone wide bolts. The least that the Dev's could do is give us our pets back.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElemtalRZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a classic pvp server but in all honesty you cant recharge items on merchants which is classic. You can't use Ivandyr's Hoops which isn't classic. So many of the game mechanics are changed on this box because of the Dev's idea's of what would or what wouldn't be over powered when in reality it was classic and is still in place today. On everquest live you can use a Ivandyr's hoop to kill someone in PVP today. So many of these mechanics are changed yet the one change that the Dev's don't consider over powered is the fact that a lvl 39 bard song that is currently unresistable can instantly poof a epic pet that cost 500 mana and has a 5 minute cool down. Why exactly is this game mechanic no considered over powered. The magician epic is one of the if not the hardest and longest epic quest in the game. The song any lvl 39 bard can buy for a few plat. This is a game mechanic that was changed in 2002 because of how over powered it was and imbalanced it was for PvP. A Mechanic that Everquest chose to change instead of keep. When can we see some balance for our Magicians in PVP. It's not enough that we don't get double bolts, we don't get zone wide bolts. The least that the Dev's could do is give us our pets back.
Nilbog doesn't care. He told me the only way this was getting changed was if I learned c+ and opened my own server.

For now enjoy your shit pet that gets rooted feared charmed whatever have you no problem. I rolled another main.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

bump, whats the deal Nilbog why do you hate magicians so much? We cant pet canni we cant do anything that was classic to magicians in Everquest. I have been playing a Magician for 16 years now on everquest live and have recruited a lot of magicians to this server who have been playing everquest since classic. None of them play mages after asking me about how the magicians are here.
Old 08-06-2015, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Apparently Luclin models were OP too!
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 08-07-2015, 05:57 PM
Banned

Who is even running the pvp resist/mechanics anymore? I have a list of stuff that should go in with velious. Instead of making tons of posts, I can just forward it to whoever is in charge so it doesnt get bumped into the abyss.
No trolls please.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:58 AM
Large Bat

I see that the last post on this was over 2 months ago so I'll go ahead and bump this. P99 is a "classic" server that removes MULTIPLE classic ideals simply to favor different types of balancing issues. That being said, why is it that we STILL can't play pet classes in pvp? I get that this server isn't your primary worry but if you're going to have a server then at least take care of it.

You're making a favorite class 100% worthless in pvp. Our nukes wont land, debuffs wont land, and you even give nearly every class in the game a way to remove our pet. I can't tell if this is pure laziness or simply the fact that the dev's don't care. Either way something needs to change.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinnais [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
something needs to change.
post from over a year ago

checks out