Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

30-50 plat. More for 'special' stuff.

Porting to make plat is not a good strategy in terms of plat per hour.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever I stop what I'm doing to help out somebody trying to get somewhere and they give me 5pp I feel like I shouldn't help the next guy!
You are what is wrong with EQ
Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once in that argument did I say the rich did more than the poor in a group. I would say reread it for proof, but it's clear you didn't read it in the first place, otherwise you'd know that. So read it. The argument was against shaming someone for wanting to roll on something because of what they were wearing. The argument was for equal share in loot in a group where everyone has an equal hand in making loot drop. Quite the opposite of what you say here.

To the OP, pay what you think is fair for you to pay. Whether you get the port or not from any particular porter will work itself out.
Take your own advice please sir.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take your own advice please sir.
It's clear you just want to go on believing what you want to believe, despite the facts. Good luck with that. We are done.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not once in that argument did I say the rich did more than the poor in a group. I would say reread it for proof, but it's clear you didn't read it in the first place, otherwise you'd know that. So read it. The argument was against shaming someone for wanting to roll on something because of what they were wearing. The argument was for equal share in loot in a group where everyone has an equal hand in making loot drop. Quite the opposite of what you say here.

As someone fairly new the server without much in the way of gear (my 35 is still mostly in banded armor, plus a few totemic items I've gotten all by myself), if I was grouped with a highly twinked character and an item dropped that would be an obvious upgrade for me and I have to roll against the twink...having to roll against them at all would put a bad taste in my mouth and if they actually WIN it against me and keep it, then I'll gladly blacklist them and avoid any interaction with them and probably anyone they are guided with until I stop playing.

For the twinked character its a small sum of money, for me its a piece of gear I'll probably use for 20 levels, and stealing that from me because you can make an extra 100pp (which you can make in like an hour of farming whatever on your main) will result in my distain for you forever.

You want to keep the server healthy, don't "steal" from lowbies.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are what is wrong with EQ
Ride the boats then.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ride the boats then.
nah, I tip people for ports all the time. But you doing something nice just because you are rewarded is really, really stupid and childish
Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabbles123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone fairly new the server without much in the way of gear (my 35 is still mostly in banded armor, plus a few totemic items I've gotten all by myself), if I was grouped with a highly twinked character and an item dropped that would be an obvious upgrade for me and I have to roll against the twink...having to roll against them at all would put a bad taste in my mouth and if they actually WIN it against me and keep it, then I'll gladly blacklist them and avoid any interaction with them and probably anyone they are guided with until I stop playing.

For the twinked character its a small sum of money, for me its a piece of gear I'll probably use for 20 levels, and stealing that from me because you can make an extra 100pp (which you can make in like an hour of farming whatever on your main) will result in my distain for you forever.

You want to keep the server healthy, don't "steal" from lowbies.
I understand the reasoning behind this, but you have to see the whole picture to see that this kind of thinking is unfair and irrational.

What is assumed in this line of thinking is that EQ economics are analogous to real life economics when it is plainly not the case. When someone wins loot in a group, it feels like the others in the group have "lost" when they haven't lost anything. If a twink wins a piece of loot fairly on a roll, the other 5 are not going to lose their house in Kelethin as a result. They're not going to miss a meal or lose their health insurance. If they really, really want that item, the most they can possibly lose is extra time to go and get it for themselves: time playing a video game that they were going to spend time playing anyway.

Now the argument is that the twink can go farm plat to just buy the item they roll on. That's true for the noob too. There are plenty of low level camps new players can use to farm plat (and many do), so why should the twink be told to go out of his way to farm plat when even a first timer on this server has the same capacity? What makes the twink's time less important than a lesser-geared player?

But if the twink is being a lootwhore and winning all of the loot and not passing on things when he's already won something, then you can rightly call him out for being a greedy d-bag.

We are sufficiently off topic now. Be fair to your porters with your plat people, they are spending their time to save you yours.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, I tip people for ports all the time. But you doing something nice just because you are rewarded is really, really stupid and childish
You seem to be displacing some anger on me. Quid pro quo isn't stupid or childish.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You seem to be displacing some anger on me. Quid pro quo isn't stupid or childish.
Being nice is its own reward. They teach you this in elementary school.
Closed Thread