Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Kobold

Arrow Remember that feeling when you first started playing EQ?

Me neither.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

It was a great time.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

information assimilated...

*Reboot*
Old 01-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKj36GJj_i8
Old 01-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Banned

Op rly triggered transdar.

I remember thinking I was the best player on the server at level 8.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Kobold

Actually I do. Late march 1999 I was playing a dwarf paladin killing goblins and skeletons and... skunks... in Butcherblock.

I remember going to unrest and getting a bronze breastplate and coming back and people seeing that I had an orange plate bp instead of the green plate bp everyone else had (the one from the scarabs). I also remember being charmed by a hag and being taken down to the basement of unrest at a level where I was still killing first floor mobs.

I remember my first trip to Antonica and being taken to Befallen by someone who had heard of this cool dungeon. Interestingly I was apparently one of the few who never fell down the well. I remember hunting madmen and scarabs in north Ro and crocs in Oasis and being afraid of leaving the shore in case I got lost and killed by a sand giant. I remember early on going on a trip to south Ro. I remember thinking South Ro was huge, far larger than the other two. I remember seeing a wolf formed druid for the first time and thinking damn, I shoulda been a druid.

Then a new server was released and I jumped ship for the first of several times (I loved the start of a server above all else and had the time back then to devote to it), I want to say to Tribunal? That I am uncertain on. Made a druid. Soon it all became old hat. Druids were pure easy mode.

But yeah I remember it well.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM
Banned

i told my friend the game was really stupid and I was right. i also asked how to attack manually when he showed me the autoattack button.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I remember being a human wizard in North Qeynos lost AS FUCK in the noob area because nighttime and blind.

Then my RL friend (who told me about EQ and made me buy the game - we are talking early 2000) showed up as a level 5 human ranger and killed the fire beetle who was tormenting me and I was in AWE looking at him being so powerful and high level.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Kobold

I was 9 years old. I logged in everquest for the first time after getting into a fist fight with my older brother over who was gonna play. I lost the fight but mom let me play anyway. I made a halfling warrior named Neetas. The Rivervale music was amazing, i probably listened to it and ran around town for an hour straight before I finally made it into the depths of Misty Thicket, where I found and was slain by many goblins and fire beetles. I would sometimes kill a young halfling because i felt like being rebellious. I remember laughing at the name nillipuss and killing mooto. I remember annoying the shit out of everyone who I crossed paths with. I remember posting shit on the lanys forums saying that the colts would play the bengals in the super bowl ( LOL ) I remember putting my buddy on the shit list who was the same age as me for getting into an argument with him haha it backfired cause everyone Lawled at me for my childish posts lol I swear everyone on the server knew i was 9 and 10 years old lol
Old 01-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

1 month or less after release:

Started a HighElf wizard, got to level 7 and LITERALLY could not solo a level 3 orc in GFay because my stab didn't work, none of my spells could cast because I was interrupted all the time (with a single orc) and root was a spell that drained mana and NEVER worked for more than .5 seconds.

Gave up that wizard and made a HighElf Enchanter. Learned how to charm at level 8 through LOTS of trial and error. Gained levels like Mad....was the first on my server, at least as far as I know, to Charm Ambassador D'Vinn and have him kill Crush and everything else in the zone. Gave him daggers and cast Quickness on him. He was beast. Damn that pissed people off.

LOTS of fun.....