Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Kobold

Default Any plans for a second server?

Are there any plans for a second Project 1999 (blue) server?

Not any different than the first one, just brand new with everyone starting at level 1. I was excited to find out that p1999 existed, but a little disappointed I'm over a year late to the party.

So is there an official stance on this? Yes, eventually? Maybe someday? Definitely never?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

Without having any real idea I feel amazingly safe in saying, No.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

There might be the pvp server but why would they split the population? It's kunark, you can catch up pretty quickly. Its not like you need 1kAAs to be useful.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Kobold

The server isn't very big but the amount of people doing higher content and such is a lot higher so it feels really populated. Everything is pretty much camped all the time. I too would like a fresh start tbh. I didn't come here until about 2 weeks before kunark and I woulda liked to grow up in classic only... hah.

I support this notion. Maybe when the population gets high enough?

Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 AM
Kobold

So you are basically saying YOU want to be the person on top, and because people are ahead you want them to create a whole separate server? Plenty of people create characters every day and have a blast.

If they were to create another server, a few months down the line we would have the exact same thread by someone else, saying the exact same thing because they didnt get to start right at the beginning when you did. It would be a never ending cycle. Just start a character and have fun playing the game.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:30 AM
Banned

love you ark.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkyani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you are basically saying YOU want to be the person on top, and because people are ahead you want them to create a whole separate server? Plenty of people create characters every day and have a blast.

If they were to create another server, a few months down the line we would have the exact same thread by someone else, saying the exact same thing because they didnt get to start right at the beginning when you did. It would be a never ending cycle. Just start a character and have fun playing the game.
While you do have a point, take the average lvl ~25-40 player as an example. I challenge you to find a group of other similarly leveled people to work on Temple of Sol Ro quests or exp in most old world dungeons. It's nigh impossible.

Everyone is just buying gear in EC and sitting in LOIO - OT - DL or soloing somewhere. Occasionally one can find a group in highkeep or mistmoore but even my mid 20's cleric normally sits LFG for hours before logging...

I can't imagine it was like this when the server was < 1 year old.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

You don't think people busted their ass to 50 in whatever the first round charge was and then sat raiding planes for the next 6 months?

Why do you think that people weren't L50 in the first month of P99?

A whole wave of people have quit P99 because Kunark took ~2yrs to release here. A second wave of people who have found P99 are the hardcore raiders now (it might even be more waves than that). Its called turn-over, and it exists everywhere, not just the working world. You are entering when the "job force" on this server is just getting all the Kunark raid mobs on farm, and the server raiding population is still in the mid-high 50s. In a few months, 90% of raiders will be L60. Then you'll see a resurgence of twinks/rerolls as the top end gets boring except for raid night.

As Ark pointed out, your in their world now, stop screaming "ME ME ME".
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't think people busted their ass to 50 in whatever the first round charge was and then sat raiding planes for the next 6 months?

Why do you think that people weren't L50 in the first month of P99?

A whole wave of people have quit P99 because Kunark took ~2yrs to release here. A second wave of people who have found P99 are the hardcore raiders now (it might even be more waves than that). Its called turn-over, and it exists everywhere, not just the working world. You are entering when the "job force" on this server is just getting all the Kunark raid mobs on farm, and the server raiding population is still in the mid-high 50s. In a few months, 90% of raiders will be L60. Then you'll see a resurgence of twinks/rerolls as the top end gets boring except for raid night.

As Ark pointed out, your in their world now, stop screaming "ME ME ME".
Holy shit good post.

Basically everyone here is having a blast and those that are not at the top are working towards the top. The playing field is only as level as you make it... you want to climb it vertical, go for it. However, the server is as is just as it was a decade ago... people joined everyday and still joined top guilds and still had fun. People also joined everyday, didn't join top guilds, and had just as much fun.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you do have a point, take the average lvl ~25-40 player as an example. I challenge you to find a group of other similarly leveled people to work on Temple of Sol Ro quests or exp in most old world dungeons. It's nigh impossible.

Everyone is just buying gear in EC and sitting in LOIO - OT - DL or soloing somewhere. Occasionally one can find a group in highkeep or mistmoore but even my mid 20's cleric normally sits LFG for hours before logging...

I can't imagine it was like this when the server was < 1 year old.
I actually just leveled a rogue from 32 to 51 so far since a little after Kunark was released. As you probably know, rogues are the least soloable class in the game. There is PLENTY of groups - I know because I'm always buffing them with my enchanter. I highly recommend checking Lake of Ill Omen, and The Overthere. Also, while finding groups in a dungeon is tough, the best thing to do is find a group and THEN go to the dungeon of your choice. I prefer it since I dont have to fight over mobs in places like Sol A, Upper Guk, Droga, Nurga. It seems most of the grouping is going on in the outdoor zones, and the dungeons are reserved for the more experienced players or people who want a challenge. Heck, about two weeks ago we took a group to Kaesora and had a blast. There is definitely groups and plenty of people to group with for the most part (granted you dont live in like North Korea and have horrible play times).
Closed Thread