Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

OP I was in the same situation as you not long ago. The only thing I can really add is that for starting areas, Cabilis is hands down the best I've encountered in game. My Iksar is my only lowbie (I have no toons higher than the teens at this point) that I've had no issues whatsoever having plenty of money for spells and items.

They also have some good quests to help you get started, like the curscale and cudgel quests.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Im playing an Iksar Shaman now, i stayed in the pit/kurns tower until 19-20 than went to EC tunnel, you can bind there than just port to exp spots! and if you die, this server has such very nice / generous people, that you can get a port for corpse run normally free of charge. It does suck to bank if you do not know your way from DL to FM to Lake to Cab but if you do know that path than its not to much of a pain. And in the endgame the regen an AC worth it imo if you plan on grouping/raiding over solo play
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Fire Giant

The wine quest in Neriak should allow you to bank. You need to buy a buttload of red wine, invis to the library in 3rd gate, and hand in the wine 4 at a time (some say 1 at a time) to the right NPC there. I forget the name, you can look it up. It will take 2 or 3 backpacks full of stacks of wine to to get where you want to get. You can get to good faction with Merchants, Bankers and outer Neriak Guards. There are some NPCs who will remain KOS, so you must still be careful.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wine quest in Neriak should allow you to bank. You need to buy a buttload of red wine, invis to the library in 3rd gate, and hand in the wine 4 at a time (some say 1 at a time) to the right NPC there. I forget the name, you can look it up. It will take 2 or 3 backpacks full of stacks of wine to to get where you want to get. You can get to good faction with Merchants, Bankers and outer Neriak Guards. There are some NPCs who will remain KOS, so you must still be careful.
Great tip , i know iksar shaman cannot turn them in without invising, can we wait till 29 then give 4 wines and invis ourselves before we hit give, or are you not able to cast when trading them, if so you will need to bring someone with you to invis you or have cloudy potion at least until able to hand them in.
Does not accept wine at apprehensive.
Did accept at indifferent.
10 stacks--maxed ally with Dark Bargainers, threatening to Dreadguard Outer and Inner
34 stacks--dubious with Dreadguard Outer and Inner
51 stacks--amiable with Dreadguard Outer and Inner
68 stacks--same as above
85 stacks--warmly with Dreadguard Outer and Inner
100 stacks--maxed ally with Dreadguard Outer and Inner
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stun - its such a minor advantage for shaman that Im always surprised ppl even mention it. Big lol

Exp penalty... picking race based on exp penalty is imho weak, very weak!

Being big, fat and ugly and starting in Innothule is why I could never play Ogre plus they just look like shit ...
I love bash when XPing and fighting casters. It is very useful, and I wouldn't marginalize it.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Race is probably not worth arguing about in terms of capability. In groups no one would notice any difference if you were iksar / ogre / troll or barb.

Solo stun immunity would be okay but having a big ass in a cramped dungeon might get you killed too.

Only thing I can really think of that would make a huge difference would be stun immunity soloing lodizal when velious comes out... lol
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Only thing I can really think of that would make a huge difference would be stun immunity soloing lodizal when velious comes out... lol
Yeah he has been known to summon lol.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, no. Iksar is possibly the worst race choice for a shaman.
Have to disagree... but then again, things are much much different when you're talking about only Kunark. Iksar make great shaman (their stats lean more for caster type than tanker types), but the advice about the ogre is actually pretty good... since mobs are mis characterized on this server and everything under the sun stuns after level 5 or so, it's actually a huge advantage to not get stunned if you're soloing.

If you plan on spending a lot of time in Kunark/Velious (when released) then faction isn't really an issue. Velious made things much easier for iksar since the factions there were all pretty much the same for everyone.

Not being able to use the current high teir shaman armor might be a deal breaker for you though. Iksar do get a set, but it's level 25ish, so not nearly on par with Jaundiced at all.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Orc

Play what you want to play and what sounds cool to play. I made a troll SK off the bat, haven't regretted it despite the challenges.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Aviak

Default !

I'm playing an Iksar necro.

Field of Bone is one of the best starting zones in the games for necros in particular hands down! It makes Misty Thicket seem just ok, and that's saying something.

I mean it has a 5th level mini-dungeon in it that you can farm spiderling silk in. And Kurns tower is great xps when you hit teens! You can pull from the pit without having to sit on zone walls as you have to do in other zones.

Faction is a minor issue if you care. I (regrettably) went to the mainland at 16th. I turned in some bone chips as soon as I got there in the tunnels of Freeport and can buy, sell & train there with no issue.

There is usually a at least one vendor in every non-dungeon zone you can still buy & sell at. (Shady, gypsies, Rathmana in So Ro, centaurs, etc) only issue is banking. You can do this buy buying something worth plat at the gypsies like Pearls & selling back. You take some loss but it's not that big a deal IMHO.

As far as being accepted in the Old World by whole cities that does take work but it doesn't seem that important in the overall game.

Now not sure which trainer you would use as a shaman though since I didn't have to deal with that aspect.
Closed Thread