Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Default EpicEmu(Classic to Velious) now in open beta.

Signed up a few months ago, got an email yesterday saying it is in open beta.

Greetings Adventurers,

The EpicEmu Team invites you to The Sleeper: Scars of Velious - Open Beta!

After months of hard work and dedication of the developers and players who have been supporting the advancement of the server, we are officially announcing the start of Open Beta. If you would like to assist in the final steps needed to complete this effort before the live launch, we encourage you, your friends, and family to come join us...yes, your girlfriend should come too.

From fixing npc models, to classic player spells and icons, to revamping entire zones, the development team has been busy and will continue to be with the bug reports you can provide. It has been almost a year since this effort began and since then hundreds of bug reports have been collected, tens of thousands of lines of code have been written, all of this thanks to the time and willingness of the players like you who want to help. We have built Norrath close to as it was during the Velious era around 2001, and though we still have many bugs to fix and many more to find, we encourage you to join us on this epic journey back in time.

A 'Task List' forum is being created to point you in the direction of which zones, npcs, and quests developers need tested during open beta - those to report the first bugs will be rewarded with beta incentives like exp potions, weight reduction bags, beta testers running shoes, lunch boxes, canteens, and more custom items as they are created. When the beta is complete do not worry about your character being 'wiped,' it will live on the Test server and you will be the first to be able to try out Luclin content as it is released by the developers while the Live server is up and operational.

We thank all the players who have been involved so far, and we thank you ahead of time for joining our efforts to bring EverQuest the Scars of Velious back to life over 10 years after its original creation.

Sincerely,

The EpicEmu Team

Was anyone in the closed beta? I am a kind of interested and may give it a try. I have been wanting to relive SoV for many years now.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

If you want SoV so badly, why not just play on p99 where SoV will actually be accurate?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want SoV so badly, why not just play on p99 where SoV will actually be accurate?
If SoV was available on p99 I am sure I would have tried it by now. But it isnt, so your post is pretty pointless.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of servers on eqemu have velious, it's just that their version of velious is not classically accurate at all. So if you want velious but don't care about whether it's accurate, there are other emu servers that can provide that already. I'm not sure what makes EpicEmu so special apart from the fact that it's run by a lunatic who was banned for cheating on p99.

edit: not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, I just don't see the appeal of that server.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 07-09-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of servers on eqemu have velious, it's just that their version of velious is not classically accurate at all. So if you want velious but don't care about whether it's accurate, there are other emu servers that can provide that already. I'm not sure what makes EpicEmu so special apart from the fact that it's run by a lunatic who was banned for cheating on p99.

edit: not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, I just don't see the appeal of that server.
This.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned

server ran by toop right?
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

How can I help the server?

Play the beta, report bugs, donate, and learn how to build your own EQ server. The EpicEmu team will be releasing a guide and open source effort in 2012 on how to operate and modify your own EQ server on the EpicEmu login server, including scripts to help you create your own classic EverQuest experience.

better than rogeans nazi ass shit
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can I help the server?

Play the beta, report bugs, donate, and learn how to build your own EQ server. The EpicEmu team will be releasing a guide and open source effort in 2012 on how to operate and modify your own EQ server on the EpicEmu login server, including scripts to help you create your own classic EverQuest experience.

better than rogeans nazi ass shit
mad.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If SoV was available on p99 I am sure I would have tried it by now. But it isnt, so your post is pretty pointless.
Yet you come to P99 boards and ask questions? Talk about pointless...
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

If he wants to make his own server, more power to him. Gotta give him respect. If he wants to make it non-Classic, who cares?

But advertising another server on P99's boards is as stupid as advertising Red on Blue's server chat (or advertising EQMac here for that matter). The EQEmu forums has a board designed for advertising. Should totally keep it there.
Closed Thread