Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Ladder Geometry and Sneak

Spent an hour testing (read: I was stuck) this in LGuk on my rogue. I'll try to be as concise as I can here.

I fell in the pit trap in LGuk by the arch magus room. Oops. No biggie, I had hide/sneak up, just climb the ladder back up and pay attention next time, right? Wrong.

When I climbed to the top of the ladder, I couldn't climb high enough to get to the ledge under my feet. From the first person view, looking at the ceiling, I was "bouncing" towards the ceiling and running into the ladder, but I couldn't clear the top of it.

/rewind did not work, as this placed me at the bottom of the pit again. I really wasn't stuck in the sense that I couldn't move (like what you'd usually use /rewind for) but more that I couldn't climb the ladder high enough.

At the time, I had Illusion: Dark Elf up, so I thought by clicking that spell off, that using my Halfling model might get me out. Negative.

I tried ducking, nope. I tried jumping from the top, I was unable to jump from the ladder.

I didn't want to take Sneak off at the time, because I would have gotten aggro and died from the wandering frogs. Later, I went back down on my cleric (also a dark elf, if that matters) and was able to climb out with no problems using IVU and running at normal speed. I tried walking up the ladder, and I kind of bounced a little then eventually cleared the top.

The issue appears to happen when movement speed falls below a certain point. Ladders should be climbable while using Sneak without needing runspeed buffs.

I'd be happy to help test this or demonstrate what I'm talking about if I've been unclear. Thanks for your time.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

Nearly a perfect example of what is needed in this forum.

If you have an issue in game, test things out first , try different approaches and if it still seems to be a bug, post here with detailed information.

Some people tend to come here and say things like " GAAHHH Sneak/hide doesnt work on ladders fix it pls"

Not that pointing things out is wrong, but try to give as much detail as possible. Remember, these folks are doing this because they enjoy it, they get paid 0. Providing them some groundwork and testing helps them get these things dealt with faster.

Bump for the bug you discovered.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:36 AM
Large Rat

I'm currently having this exact same problem. I'm stuck in the minotaur pit in lguk right now with no way out. If I drop sneak/hide i'll get killed by the minotaurs. No idea what to do... I've tried to get out on the ladder so many times.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Interesting, since sneak is too LITTLE of a hindrance while swimming on this server. On live, if you were sneaking and had poor swimming skill, you would barely move. I think it was fixed at some point, but I remember swimming to bedroom in LGuk and nearly drowning a few times when the game was young.
Last edited by Droog007; 01-17-2016 at 11:07 PM..
Old 06-11-2017, 03:41 AM
Skeleton

bump - same issue here
Old 06-16-2017, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Is there any evidence that what happened isnt classic behaviour?
Old 06-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

I fell into the minotaur pit and couldn't get out once, back when I was leveling. I figured out I could tab out, reducing my framerate and causing the game to jitter, which made me to leap really high off the top of the ladder and got me over the edge on top.