Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Skeleton

Default Tunare's Request

I just cast this spell twice on low level cistern asps in sro, and when i had it attack another cistern asp the Tunare's Request wore off both times. Even though i had just cast Tunare's Request on it less than a minute prior, the spell wore off. It says that the spell is supposed to last close to 3 hours.
[52 Magician] Lazymode [Gnome]
[5 Cleric] Goldbond [Gnome]
[1 Shaman] Shotcaller [Ogre]
Old 06-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah, this spell is broken; it doesn't last the full duration and the mobs attack you after it wears off.

I haven't tested to see if it's correctly restricted to mobs under 35. When two out of three portions of the already useless spell are broken, who cares about that last one?
Last edited by Bummey; 06-26-2017 at 12:08 PM..
Old 06-26-2017, 12:07 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe the animals are all secretly Karana worshippers and they don't care what Tunare asks of them?
Old 06-26-2017, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

This has been broken since the server launched, but no one has cared to fix it. Sad, really.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Some quick data points. I had my 60 Druid do a few trial runs on a kodiak bear in WC (level 15 per the wiki). Tunare's Request lasted 1:20, 2:06, 14:21, and 6:09.

Obviously those results are enough to make statistically valid generalizations ... but if people experiment and get similar results, I don't think P99's implementation can be classic.

Look, we likely don't know the exact charm break rate on live, but we know this much: someone figured out the spell could last 3 hours. If the spell only got to 3 hours one in a million times, it seems illogical to think someone would have actually tried it a million times to learn that: instead they'd give up and declare the spell's duration to be shorter.

Since that didn't happen, and people did report 3 hours, we can assume that it was possible to hit that duration in a reasonable number of tries. I'll leave defining "reasonable" up to the devs, but again if my limited data points are any indication, we're not at the reasonable level yet here on P99.

Hopefully others can provide more data points so we can get further insight.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.