Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Large Rat

Default Unable to Launch

Typically I run p99 from my Win 7 desktop; however, I recently attempted to move it to my Win 10 laptop so that I could play when I do not have access to my desktop, which is somewhat frequently.
I copied my game files to a usb drive, and moved them over to my laptop, as well as downloading the latest files from the p99 website to make sure my stuff was up to date (the version on my usb drive was an older one, and spell files were out of date, etc).
However, my laptop will simply not launch the game. Any time I try, cmd prompt flashes briefly showing the path to the file, then immediately closes and nothing else happens. I have spent a fair amount of time on Google trying to solve my issue and tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to get the game running.
Any ideas are welcome, and I can provide information as needed. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 06-28-2017, 09:02 PM
Fire Giant

In what directory did you place your EQ files? How are you trying to launch the game, with the Launch Titanium.bat file? Have you tried making your own shortcut?

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 06-28-2017, 09:14 PM
Large Rat

My game is placed directly on my C:\ drive (outside of program files). I have tried launching directly from the Launch Titanium.bat file located in my folder, and I've tried making shortcuts targeting the path with "patchme" added at the end, but none of those have worked. I've also manually edited my batch file to add 'cd "C:\EverQuest"' before 'start eqgame patchme', and nothing changed.
Old 06-29-2017, 06:57 AM
Fire Giant

I assume your manually made shortcut looks something like this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

when it launches, do you see any activity? If you open task manager do you see the eqgame.exe (32 bit) process running at all?

Does anything change if you right click the shortcut and run as administrator?

Drumas - 60 Cleric
Ashintar - 60 Wizard
Old 06-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Large Rat

Yep, that's what the manual shortcuts look like. No processes running that I have seen. I just get a flash of the command prompt window, if anything. There was a point during my troubleshooting where trying to run as admin gave an error with the cmd prompt saying it couldn't find the eqgame.exe file, but I do not believe it is still doing that (cannot remember what I did to change/fix that, as I have been doing a lot to try and fix this).
Old 06-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Did you have an antivirus quarantine p99, perhaps?
Old 06-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Large Rat

It doesn't appear so. I've checked to make sure the program isn't blocked somehow, made sure nothing was quarantined or removed, and then whitelisted the game just to be safe.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:05 PM
Large Rat

SOLVED (sorta):

Instead of moving the game from a USB to the laptop, I completely reinstalled EQ Titanium onto the machine. This fixed the issue, whatever it was.