Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Fire Giant

i support this cause.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So nerfs that hurt players are justified as classic, but stuff that helps players is nerfed in an unclassic fashion that breaks a whole class? Wut
I understand the frustration, but let's not turn this thread into RnF
Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Kobold

Default Is this a bug?

Found this interesting in the patch notes here:

"Fixed the way that NPCs were treating pets. They were accrediting more hate to pets than they should have." - June 29, 2001
Old 02-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Fixed the way that NPCs were treating pets. They were accrediting more hate to pets than they should have." - June 29, 2001
That's actually fixing the previous patch. For a few days (weeks?), pets had insane aggro. That patch just reverted it back to normal aggro.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Following fixes have been added in the emergency patch of June 29, 2001:
Fixed the bug with feign death spells that was causing it to fail and sending a "Your spell has been interrupted" message.
Fixed the way that NPCs were treating pets. They were accrediting more hate to pets than they should have.
Patched on the 27th. Emergency patch on the 29th to fix the aggro problem introduced on the 27th.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 02-11-2014, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i support this cause.
edit: just so this isn't just me too-ing I appreciate the time you put into pulling that info together baalzy. I remember when mages would get yelled at in groups for not turning off pet taunt on live.
Last edited by element08; 02-11-2014 at 09:05 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You bumped a thread that had the last post 20 min ago? Seriously?

Clearly you have a grasp on how to get us to revisit an issue.

Pet aggro was nerfed because they had become the prefered tank for raids. It might be possible to make some adjustments.

Haynar
No idea why my post was met with such hostility, it's like you took it as a personal attack. No need to be rude and disrespectful. I meant nothing by it, just wanted to share my experience.

I appreciate all the hard work you guys do.
Last edited by Mirana; 02-12-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Aviak

This needs attention.

Easiest fix seems to be to disallow taunt functionality on pets for raid encounter bosses. Unless, of course, this is a shared value with player classes, I can't see why this would not have been a better fix in the first place.

I think it's ridiculous that 55+ "root rotting" and charming are among the top on the list of desirability for soloing, and spots where this can be done are extremely limited. I fondly remember going from 55-60 in Skyfire on Live, which without pet taunt is an exercise in rebuff frustration.

Fix this please.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Bump cause this was almost off the first page and my newly-returned-to-p99 RL buddy wants to play his mage!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet aggro was nerfed because they had become the prefered tank for raids. It might be possible to make some adjustments.

Haynar
So H, want to discuss the adjustments that might be made regarding pet aggro? I understand you have a ton of stuff on your plate, but I'd imagine a broken class has high priority.