Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Sarnak

Heya Borg! I believe we have a few in that range..hope to see you back =)
Old 03-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

What most people don't realize is how many of the top players (from all guilds) are trying out ALS and finding it really fun. If it keeps growing it will have more of these players than any other single guild on the server.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What most people don't realize is how many of the top players (from all guilds) are trying out ALS and finding it really fun. If it keeps growing it will have more of these players than any other single guild on the server.
I'm not surprised at all. Very quickly people get sucked into the trading/farming aspects of the game as though those were intended to be the basis of it. Once you get reacquainted with the true nature of this beast it quickly reminds you of why it's fun in the first place.

It's an easy trap to fall into and having the support of other like minded individuals is important, which is what makes Auld Lang Syne so fun.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not surprised at all. Very quickly people get sucked into the trading/farming aspects of the game as though those were intended to be the basis of it. Once you get reacquainted with the true nature of this beast it quickly reminds you of why it's fun in the first place.
there is actually no 'right' or 'correct' way to play Everquest. Not sure why you are judging the way other play play this game.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by necro316 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is actually no 'right' or 'correct' way to play Everquest. Not sure why you are judging the way other play play this game.
sec i just got a batphone for trak in 2017
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by necro316 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a fair point, but really its just my opinion. It's kinda lIke that quote from Jurassic Park.

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Old 03-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

precisely!

in all seriousness, that was the founders' vision -- a "clean server" inside of p99... if enough come over to the Langside, viola, there's our new economy.
Last edited by Rainik Stormseeker; 03-04-2017 at 05:30 AM..
Old 03-04-2017, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

I have been reading these forums since 2010 and some things never change. People who seek conflict. I'll never understand it. Its a fun guild. In fact its the most fun I've had here in over 4 years. It's a game and should be fun, not a second job (or only job in some cases). If you doubt the players in the guild are following their own rules or you don't like the idea of this type of play style then simply ignore threads like this. Just move on. Nothing to see here except people enjoying themselves.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Orc

Default Guild frog feast in Guk

Our latest guild event was a raid on the frog cave. The first pic is a nice group composition of the guk hunting party in the priest's room.

On the second picture you can see some real action with frogs flippin around!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg upperguk8.jpg (97.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg upperguk7.jpg (99.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Maybe returning to the fray

I used to be in ALS on one of my characters. I eventually abandoned that character due to equal parts frustration, and a desire for a "different" experience for my character.

I am considering giving this another chance on a different character altogether. My questions could also help for anyone else considering joining in the fun!

So, here are my question's for Auld-timers officers/senior members:

1. What are the top 5 classes that leadership can recommend that they really need? ( PLEASE, no "play what you want" answer, this falls under obvious at this point)

In addition,
2. What are the top 5 tradeskills that are most desired/needed by ALS at this moment. (Include a specific cultural trade if it is something under-represented at the moment)
Closed Thread