Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 03:53 PM
Orc

Default Leveling a druid solo past 54

Ok, at 54 quadding xp seems to slow down, however my play style makes quadding very desirable. I will likely grind out another level in CS, I seem to get half a blue per quad assuming I get 3-4 blue mobs but I am also looking for other options.

My play style doesnt really allow me to group too often, basically I play 60 min or so a day, but I can quad/afk med more often, this is why quadding is preferred.

From my own research I have found

1. Bear Den (seems like this location could be camped often and might be a tad hard at level 54). I will likely make my way there to see for myself though, waiting till 55.
2. Raptors. Wiki says these are no longer quaddable, is this true?
3. CS Otters... very dangerous quadding these considering they are surrounded by shamans and all the mobs have sow. I did try it once and if I harmony 3-4 times it can be done.. zero room for error though.
4. Possibly quadding mobs in Burning Woods (this zone seems like a pain to quad in, but I believe its relatively safe in a few spots?

I realize easy mode is probably over for me lol
Old 05-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure about any of the places you listed, except that I agree that you're probably too low for the Permafrost bears. At times like this I always love to refer to the Per-Level Hunting Guide, but in this case it doesn't have much in the way of Druid-specific places for your level: https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54.

It has the already-mentioned raptors and burning woods giants. If you don't care about faction you might be able to quad Barbarians or Wood Elves (a friend of mine killed the Barbarians on live with his Druid pre-Velious, but I'm not sure if he quad kited them). You also might be able to animal charm the sonic bats in Sol B, or the sharks in Kedge Keep. You could also start doing the named cycles in Skyfire, but you'll probably be too low to kill any of the good stuff (and I'm not sure if you could quad the lower-level ones because they include casters). Once you get a few more levels though that cycle was sort of made for Druids.

Everything else probably is a non-Druid-specific root/rot spot ... which is obviously less ideal. But my druid is only 39, and thus my knowledge is limited; hopefully some level 60's will have more ideas.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-23-2017 at 07:17 PM..
Old 05-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Planar Protector

To answer your 2nd question : Raptors are quaddable
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

I did 52 - 60 at the bear pits in perma. Once you get your 56 root, it becomes ezmode. It's not the most fun to have while leveling, but its some of the fastest experience in the game.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned

I did bears fine at 53, didnt even have a goblin ring.
Old 05-24-2017, 02:47 PM
Skeleton

Suits in the Wakening Lands. Only two camps though so it tends to be taken. Good through 58 before it starts to green a little. Xp to 60 on them though.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Orc

is 54 a hell level (i.e. will xp flow faster at level 55, because its really slow now?). I spent time quadding some dwarf guards in BM. there is an easy spot where you can get 4 dwarfs together fairly quickly, only issue is that one of them will have about 40hp when the other 3 die. I figure if I really want the faction i can do CB belts later on but I don't expect to really care.

I will go check out the suits before my faction is too far gone though lol

My gear really sucks (175wis) and at a low level I cannot imagine I will have fun in the bear pits, I will go check it out at 55 though/ if it was simpler to access I would have gone by now (far run and apparently difficult to reach). up to 36 I did charm to level so I am also familiar with the constant breaks.

With Roots and charms not being reliable how can anyone at lower levels do this efficiently? Are the newer charms more reliable?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Level 54 and 59 are the last hell levels...

Raptors can be quadded but can't be charmed.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:39 AM
Aviak

54 is slow because of the hell level. I feel that quadding othmirs in Cobalt Scar is your best bet given your short play time (similar to myself). Like you said, make sure you harmony properly and only pull the warriors. The warriors are usually sowed and hasted so if you didnt harmony properly you will die relatively quickly.

The north and south camps only require 2 cast of harmony to pull 4 of the warriors safely. The middle one needs about 4 to be very safe.

Generally it is a camp that is doable (safely) by druids only. So you may not run into much competition. Othmirs also drop fur and crusty armor which are some income, plus the occasionally armor gems.

You can quad them till you hit 60. I also suggesting bringing a Lumi staff as the othmirs are quite beefy and you may have mana problems. I had to time med ticks to kill them when i was 54 till i got myself a lumi staff.

If you have done some factioning, the drakes and such will leave you alone which makes it quite safe.
Last edited by Randomiseduser; 05-28-2017 at 05:45 AM..
Closed Thread