Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 01:53 AM
Planar Protector

Almost dieing to a fire imp in lavastorm on a 52 wizard.

I only had a rain spell loaded for damage, I used a corpse as my target. With some clever positioning figured I was far enough away to avoid being hit by the rain while still being able to hit the imp.

I was wrong, and only thanks to resisting one of the waves I survived with 12%hp. Was a close fight too, as somehow the level 12 imp resisted 2 of the waves!
Old 06-13-2017, 02:29 AM
Sarnak

spawned a black reaver at the entrance of CoM, that lead to some hilarious encounters for some unlucky few
Old 06-13-2017, 02:29 AM
Banned

This one was up there for worst/funny for me:

Me and my RL friend started together on p99, he a bard, me a warrior..

We joined BDA together and basically even hit 60 at the same time. As we geared up for raiding, we decided to both do the Cleric Epic quest for some extra plat and a chance at really good loot.

As luck would have it, one of our Ixiblats dropped a CoF. I beat him on the roll by a small margin, which was great because it's way more useful for a warrior anyway, and it repped a 21% haste from sky.

Then we socked Ragefire lair. I got the pearl hand-in. We got guildies and killed the dragon.

Lo and behold, Ragefire legs dropped! In terms of stats, this was the most desirable piece that could have appeared! Somehow, I convinced him to let me have the legs... planar was shitty and Cobalt Greaves are EXTREMELY rare and a huge number of more veteran warriors in our guild needed them.

I could tell he didn't like it... but I needed those legs to be a better raid tank!

Later that week, BDA (and myself included) managed to kill Venril Sathir. And wow, he dropped Cobalt Greaves!!! And then somehow, the Loot Council awarded them to me over another warrior who had a year or two of seniority over me...

I felt pretty bad about that. The Ragefire legs are still in my bank. Sometimes I put them on just to remind myself of how I ruined my friend.

He never really played much after that.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally just started on p99 two days ago, after messing around a bit with the hellscape of normal live Everquest.

Modern Everquest, and every other modern MMO in existence:

**screen covered in windows with flashing icons**
--Welcome to Game! Please close all these windows explaining how to Move Forward.
--You received a quest to Move Forward!
--You take three steps and open your mouth to speak to the first person you see.
--CONGRATULATIONS YOU REACHED LEVEL 2! Here's some more windows, and an enchanted upgrade to an item you've not yet used.

Starting in p99:
--Take this note to your guildmaster!
--The map is disabled in Project 1999.
--Guildmaster: Go kill some snakes.
--a moss snake looks at you indifferently; looks like an even fight
--You were slain by a moss snake!
--You were slain by a skeleton!
--You were slain by a shadow wolf!
--You were slain by a random racist Erudite in the Freeport slums!
--You were slain by a drowned citizen on your way back to the Freeport slums!
--Guildmaster: Here is your reward.
--Me: This has two armor and smells like dead rats. So what's next in the progression of guild quests to improve my equipment?
--Guildmaster: Your...ah....ahahah.....AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH...... ........get out of my office.
Funniest shit I read all day
Old 06-13-2017, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost dieing to a fire imp in lavastorm on a 52 wizard.

I only had a rain spell loaded for damage, I used a corpse as my target. With some clever positioning figured I was far enough away to avoid being hit by the rain while still being able to hit the imp.

I was wrong, and only thanks to resisting one of the waves I survived with 12%hp. Was a close fight too, as somehow the level 12 imp resisted 2 of the waves!
Rain spells are god dang worthless on this server lol
Old 06-13-2017, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

When I destroyed my epic that one time, the funniest and also the worst.

RIP

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 06-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funniest thing on p99 probably BDA clawing desperately to hold onto as many pixels as possible during the Kunark rotation so that new casual guilds couldn't get their hands on them. Then when the rotation was thrown out by BDA and Taken they had to rely on FTE during Velious.

With 100s of raiders to equip and being shit at actually racing and FTE'ing they caused their own self destruction as nobody was falling for the "lets rotate" shit twice.

People quit when the pixel lines dried up and they had to cover it up by being rude to the staff about how the raid scene didn't suit them, then went to a now defunct TLP guild on live EQ.

All in all a funny account of the demise of a very bad guild who thought they were good <3
The weird thing is, I played on server ages ago before this all occured. I recall BDA being pretty cool, and a middle of the pack raid guild...

I then left game, game back after a couple years and found many changes in the raid scene, for one BDA was gone and so was TMO.

What really surprised me was how hated BDA seemed to be too, because I only recalled them being fairly respected, never hated when I first played on p99.

It's like I entered the Twilight zone. Poor BDA. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The weird thing is, I played on server ages ago before this all occured. I recall BDA being pretty cool, and a middle of the pack raid guild...

I then left game, game back after a couple years and found many changes in the raid scene, for one BDA was gone and so was TMO.

What really surprised me was how hated BDA seemed to be too, because I only recalled them being fairly respected, never hated when I first played on p99.

It's like I entered the Twilight zone. Poor BDA. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^ i quit playing p99 for like 2 years and came back to Aftermath and Awakened as the only Big Raid Guilds, no BDA, no TMO, no Asguard like wow

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Old 06-25-2017, 03:18 PM
Fire Giant

Getting onto list for AC (OOT) on a monk. Behind a Epic shaman (With Black fur boots), and a Epic druid.....Cause they totally "need it for their friend"
Old 06-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting onto list for AC (OOT) on a monk. Behind a Epic shaman (With Black fur boots), and a Epic druid.....Cause they totally "need it for their friend"
apparently that's what everyone says about camps like that... had someone tell me they were farming the Goblin Gazughi Ring for their wife's cleric one time... don't know why a cleric would need that

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Closed Thread