Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-13-2017, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a text file that logs my combat? I wouldn't come post on the forms unless it happened exactly how i described it.
Logs are generated in 2 ways:

#1 - You manually type /log to turn on the log when you play
#2 - You manually edit your "EqClient.ini" to contain "Log=TRUE"

Many, many players run with logs on all the time here, for a variety of reasons (Log-reading text trigger programs, camp/raid disputes, kill timers, EC prices, Damage parses, and of course bugfinding)

This will log EVERY line of text, with a timestamp. This can be intensive for some(few) computers. Also, the logs will be quite large, and will be in the hundreds of megs size for a melee fairly quickly.
They compress very well though.

TL;DR Yes, /log is the log people are asking for.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't come post on the forms unless it happened exactly how i described it.
I've been hit for 32k by pain and suffering for trying to duck through a window. Weird shit can happen, most people here would believe you.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Last edited by Darkatar; 06-13-2017 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-14-2017, 03:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logs are generated in 2 ways:

#1 - You manually type /log to turn on the log when you play
#2 - You manually edit your "EqClient.ini" to contain "Log=TRUE"

Many, many players run with logs on all the time here, for a variety of reasons (Log-reading text trigger programs, camp/raid disputes, kill timers, EC prices, Damage parses, and of course bugfinding)

This will log EVERY line of text, with a timestamp. This can be intensive for some(few) computers. Also, the logs will be quite large, and will be in the hundreds of megs size for a melee fairly quickly.
They compress very well though.

TL;DR Yes, /log is the log people are asking for.

EDIT:

I've been hit for 32k by pain and suffering for trying to duck through a window. Weird shit can happen, most people here would believe you.
I might try that, I have a 2TB drive i could move p99 too and see how bad it gets, thanks!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't worry too much about log file sizes just yet. I've been playing over a year and my logs only total about 350MB or so. Granted I play more casually, and if I raided I'd expect them to be bigger, but before you move anything around just try it for a few weeks and keep an eye on your file sizes. I can typically play several weeks before they start getting over 10MB. And when they do get in that range, I move them to an archive folder, rename them, and start a fresh log file.