Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

Default Evergreen State College: Collective Psychosis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMYfxOFBBM

Classic "snake eating itself". This is hilarious only because it seems that the madness seems to stay within this particular bubble of protesters and seems to be rejected by a public eye.

How on earth could any rational mind defend this and think this is a step in a direction for the better?

I guess this is what happens with a 98.9% acceptance rate, but that can't be true because it's almost as bad at Ivy League levels.

Fun List:
-students take the cuck of a president hostage who cannot leave the room even to urinate, and he complies with everything
-white people in the meeting are asked to fetch things like power cords and are not allowed to sit down or eat any food
-police are asked to stand down after protesters were searching for people car by car(they didnt find their target fortunately he wasn't there)
-president complies to not using any hand gestures while speaking due to "microaggressions"

A scary glimpse into a possible future, luckily we're headed in the right direction at the moment on a national level.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned

your post is just as bad
Old 06-18-2017, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your post is just as bad
very interesting post you have made yourself there... veeerrry interesting.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Banned

you might as well have posted a vid of you jacking off

actually please do that
Old 06-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you might as well have posted a vid of you jacking off

actually please do that
I didn't realize noticing the absolute retardation of current events and wanting other's thoughts on it was equal to jacking off, I'd post a video but with a micropenis it's almost pointless to attempt stimulation...almost.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachtMystium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How on earth could any rational mind defend this and think this is a step in a direction for the better?
Over the last decade or two in education, one of the initiation rites to being "educated" is where they teach you all the hypocrisies and injustices of our society. The goal of this is to make you critical of political rhetoric and the status quo, and able to think for yourself. The problem came when post-secondary education became 1) a rite of passage for all young people and 2) it became a massive business, an entire industrial sector.

Instead of the high-performers going to college, now everyone's going to college, including literal retards. This trickles back down into high school where more and more people are taking AP and IB coursework to prepare/compete for college, and they get you started there early (In AP Euro and AP US I was shown slideshows of mounds of holocaust victims and lynchings of Southern blacks in Clockwork Orange type reform sessions.

Then you get to university and during your general ed (or your entire major if you're liberal arts, which many of the most low-achieving and impressionable are), you take things like anthropology, where concepts like multiculturalism are in vogue. There they preach that one culture is just as valid as any other, and that any time you "judge" another culture, you're doing it through the lens of your own, and your judgment is invalid. Any appreciation you had for your own culture and history they try to dismantle by giving you reasons why European civilization was a "miracle" or fluke, various reasons they didn't really earn it, and that Islamic and Eastern civilizations were superior at different times.

Now there is some truth to all of this but the problem is it's not often accompanied by actual critical thinking and analysis, which was the goal of the entire thing. They don't give you the facts and observations and let you come to the conclusions on your own, guiding you to make sure they are reasonable. They have expectations at the end of their course for which thoughts and opinions you should have demonstrated and you are assessed depending on whether you "learned" them or not. And it had to be this way because it all goes back to them letting too many dumbasses into college, and they couldn't handle it the way it is supposed to be done.

What's worse, these were my own observations from a pretty good university which was relatively conservative and science-focused, and wasn't a terrible offender at these things, and it was just on the cusp of when this stuff started getting bad. I can only imagine what it's like now at these overflow-schools and liberal arts colleges.

TL;DR - Most of those students probably shouldn't even be in college.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Over the last decade or two in education, one of the initiation rites to being "educated" is where they teach you all the hypocrisies and injustices of our society. The goal of this is to make you critical of political rhetoric and the status quo, and able to think for yourself. The problem came when post-secondary education became 1) a rite of passage for all young people and 2) it became a massive business, an entire industrial sector.

Instead of the high-performers going to college, now everyone's going to college, including literal retards. This trickles back down into high school where more and more people are taking AP and IB coursework to prepare/compete for college, and they get you started there early (In AP Euro and AP US I was shown slideshows of mounds of holocaust victims and lynchings of Southern blacks in Clockwork Orange type reform sessions.

Then you get to university and during your general ed (or your entire major if you're liberal arts, which many of the most low-achieving and impressionable are), you take things like anthropology, where concepts like multiculturalism are in vogue. There they preach that one culture is just as valid as any other, and that any time you "judge" another culture, you're doing it through the lens of your own, and your judgment is invalid. Any appreciation you had for your own culture and history they try to dismantle by giving you reasons why European civilization was a "miracle" or fluke, various reasons they didn't really earn it, and that Islamic and Eastern civilizations were superior at different times.

Now there is some truth to all of this but the problem is it's not often accompanied by actual critical thinking and analysis, which was the goal of the entire thing. They don't give you the facts and observations and let you come to the conclusions on your own, guiding you to make sure they are reasonable. They have expectations at the end of their course for which thoughts and opinions you should have demonstrated and you are assessed depending on whether you "learned" them or not. And it had to be this way because it all goes back to them letting too many dumbasses into college, and they couldn't handle it the way it is supposed to be done.

What's worse, these were my own observations from a pretty good university which was relatively conservative and science-focused, and wasn't a terrible offender at these things, and it was just on the cusp of when this stuff started getting bad. I can only imagine what it's like now at these overflow-schools and liberal arts colleges.

TL;DR - Most of those students probably shouldn't even be in college.

Couldn't agree more about the college as a business, good thing I grew up poor and went to work instead of school after high school. I make way more than any of my surrounding acquaintances who went to college plus I don't have that shitty debt Hahahhahahaha, feels good ridin this white privilege train baby
Old 06-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
-t Bernie diehard
let me break this down for you so you understand it once and for all: just because you don't align 100% with a solution doesn't mean you discard it entirely. It can still be better than all other alternatives.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with delegitimizing our culture, I just wish this was happening in all cultures, to reduce war and make us all cooperative. Like Einstein said, he didn't know when the next war would happen, but the one after it would be fought with sticks and stones. If we're not careful, nationalism will flare up in enough places to cause another war, ultimately proving Einstein correct.

I think we need a world government or something like it, ruled by law, not force. We have to destroy our nationalist impulses. That part won't be easy because we instinctively support our group, our people, our country. I think right now they're trying to use psychology to influence the masses, but will it work? We can change our instinctive responses but it's never easy. If we do happen to make the necessary adjustments, it'll still be at great cost. And so no matter what happens down the road, it's going to be hard for us.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 06-18-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Old 06-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if we can finally defeat the human spirit and eliminate free will all this ugly violence will no longer be necessary. cant wait!
This is real. You acting like it's not. Maybe it's cognitive dissonance?

Look what pulled up from below:
1. Directing Magnetic Energy Into The Brain Can Reduce Belief In God, Prejudice Toward Immigrants
2. Secrets of the right-wing brain: New study proves it — conservatives see a different, hostile world
3. 'Cuddle Chemical' Also Fuels Favoritism, Bigotry
4. The Science of Irrationality: Why We Humans Behave So Strangely
5. Can Drinking Make You Conservative? (and Other Questions About the Political Brain)
6. The Vexing Mental Tug-of-War Called Morality
7. Brain structure differs in liberals, conservatives: study
8. The Yuck Factor When Disgust Meets Discovery

(In a study--not linked here--participants placed near drinking fountains give higher "disgust" responses.)

Science is showing us the path, but our mental hangups threaten to derail it.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 06-18-2017 at 03:07 PM..
Closed Thread