Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:07 PM
Large Rat

Default Tutorial?

Hi, thanks for making this great game available! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hope this isn't too lame but I wanted to do the tutorial. During Creation, got the popup telling me about the option in the top left, iirc. Yet, mine was just blank and I seemed to have started in the High Elf city instead. Was the Tutorial disable in this version or did I just miss something like a check box? Even though, I could swear I didn't see one.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2017, 11:20 AM
Aviak

this is old school eq you get nothing like that.

P99
Tada Necro
Mugan Shamen
Old 06-22-2017, 11:36 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Correction

There actually was an original Everquest tutorial zone and I don't mean Mines of Gloomingdeep. It was stored locally on your PC and you could access it without an internet connection. I used to play around in there when my server was down or my dial up wouldn't connect. I've always wondered why it wasn't available for titanium client users, maybe Gloomingdeep was already released and is there for disabled on P99? Gloomingdeep is seriously not classic so I don't miss that at all.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a classic/kunark/velious disc install that and it should play the classic tutorial for you.

IIRC you were called Soandso the cleric. You had to defeat a skeleton and a wolf.

It was awesome!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is old school eq you get nothing like that.
As another user said, that is incorrect. There was an offline tutorial at release.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the replies. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok, maybe I can figure out a way or find a guide how to install/run it, even if it has to be offline. I actually found out about Project 1999 and EQemu from one of the devs on VGOEmu. Still trying to get the EQemu setup but I'll defiantly play Gloomingdeep too. I'd like to play as much content as possible.

Probably like most, I had a bad experience with soe (haha more than one). Most recently, they kept trying to charge my cc even though I wasn't playing. I figured, I'd pay for a month here and there, when I got the itch to play. Apparently that's not good enough for them and the CS rep girl was a complete ass, so won't be going back. I don't really care if they sold/changed their name, I'm betting it's the same employees for the most part.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Soandso, the Cleric who could go to any zone in the game if you swapped the tutorial map file with other map file names [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

the first 30 levels are the tutorial
Old 06-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkranger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There actually was an original Everquest tutorial zone and I don't mean Mines of Gloomingdeep. It was stored locally on your PC and you could access it without an internet connection. I used to play around in there when my server was down or my dial up wouldn't connect. I've always wondered why it wasn't available for titanium client users, maybe Gloomingdeep was already released and is there for disabled on P99? Gloomingdeep is seriously not classic so I don't miss that at all.
yep you got to play as soandso. i remember playing around in this when i couldn't play due to only one phone line and it being tied up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] oh the days.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:14 PM
Large Rat

Thanks for the replies.

Ugg, this is so annoying, I'm replying but it's taking 48(?) hours to get my post approved. Guess the mods are busy, but the rule itself it nutz. It's clearly intended to keep spammers and bots off the boards. It's not like the forum members wouldn't report some abuse.
Closed Thread