Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
typical antisocial and entitled DaP
Most DaP members have mains in other guilds. Which one of your guild mates did you just insult?
Old 06-26-2017, 06:24 PM
Kobold

I logged into red yesterday.

I learned that OOC is system messages.
I learned that it was really lonely even with OOC system messages (mostly WTB requests).
I learned that announcing you are new to red doesn't inspire the auto help people frequently claim exists on blue forums (at least not consistently) as nobody welcomed me with as much as a tell (or any free gear / PL'ing).
I re-learned that EQ is hard.

I have enjoyed PvP servers in the past, will give it another try sometime.

BTW: I'm not saying I deserved free gear or help, I have noticed a trend of folks saying how welcoming the red community is and I didn't experience that. All this said, there were only about 85-90 people online at the time (around 4PM PST Sunday).

Put this in this thread because so many hijacks to advertise red on blue forums. It's just my personal opinions none of this make the overall situation this or that.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I
I learned that announcing you are new to red doesn't inspire the auto help people frequently claim exists on blue forums (at least not consistently) as nobody welcomed me with as much as a tell (or any free gear / PL'ing)..
I think back when Red was dying but not dead yet you would have had more success; now there's barely anyone left, and none of them are interested in encouraging more people to join because they want to see the box die and get remade.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetjan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All this said, there were only about 85-90 people online at the time (around 4PM PST Sunday).
That's considered very busy for red.

I too had the same exact experience, the way the chat system is setup, it seems to isolate you more than anything it's just weird how it works. And, no one welcomes you.

I got to lvl 17 or something on a rogue, and died of boredom more than anything else on red.

Actually, had I been girefed I might have found that more enjoyable, at least then I'd have had some sort of interaction with another player.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most DaP members have mains in other guilds. Which one of your guild mates did you just insult?
Kenzi asked without a hint of irony to the project 1999 forums poster named indiscriminate hater
Old 06-27-2017, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Writing report for veiled RL attacks on petition forums now. Enjoy your suspension.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PX00114_9.JPG (41.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I learned that announcing you are new to red doesn't inspire the auto help people frequently claim exists on blue forums (at least not consistently) as nobody welcomed me with as much as a tell (or any free gear / PL'ing).
I 100% ignore this kind of stuff in /ooc because it always looks very insincere to me, half the time its not a new player, and /ooc is just trash most of the time on the server. I've given away several suits of crusty/sentient armor and bags of other mid/low tier gear to new players in the past two weeks. I'm not sure where the prevailing idea on the forums that people will instantly drop whatever they're doing to help new players, when in reality its more like people on Red will go out of their way to help new players that are just playing the game, not sitting in a newbie zone asking for handouts(not saying this is you, but it happens, alot).

If you decide to give a try again shoot me a PM and I'll see what I have lying around.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

Dial A Bum in full force lately.
Old 06-30-2017, 03:18 PM
Kobold

All of this is common sense and should not need to be said. Unfortunately guess a lot of folks don't have the sense.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtell4 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-When asking for a port please don't ask are you porting or say Hi.

2-Simply tell us where you are and where you want to go and and please BE at the druid rings in the zone u want picked up from. Alot of us don't mind coming to you but when we run to you alot of other people have to wait for us to finish with you
1-I personally prefer people ask if I'm porting, it's easier to "r no" than it is to "r sorry I'm not porting right now" (guess you could just give a plain "no" there but I'd find that rude and not do it)

2-Agree wholeheartedly, telling people you "need a port to XX" doesn't give much information, we need pickup and dropoff locations so we can load our spellbook in advance, and don't want to waste time running around.

Keep in mind though;

1-People asking for a port are probably asking multiple porters from 40-60, and it's not uncommon for people to be leveling or doing other things. Many would find it rude to send (or receive) a solicitation without a "hello".

2-Some people are unsure of where pickup locations are. Druid rings and wiz spires are obvious, but evac and succor points are generally only memorized by people that have ported or played for a very long time. Informing them of the location could help in those situations.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Closed Thread