Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xothos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only thing I see it missing is when you hit the "EQ" button to bring up the menus. It still has all the optional menu's for AA's, Leadership, and the such.
Yeah. As far as I could tell, that part of the UI is server side or hard coded. All the UI files have for the EQ button menu is size and placement of the options, but it doesn't list those options. So I wasn't able to remove them.

Glad to see these little things piss other people off too. (I'm not crazy! Woohoo!) =)

Scram Jet Air "Because only poor people take the boat."
My Projects: UI, Sound, Music, Character Textures, Trailer
Old 07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Aviak

Just downloaded this. I have one complaint, the EQ button, when I right click on it, I do not get the window with the Background, Alpha, and Lock options. The EQ button is stuck where it is and I can't move it.

Also is there anyone that has a graphics set for the spell icons with different looking icons. i.e. a lot of spells have the same look, a gray shield with a yellow background and sometimes in my haste i click the wrong one because they all look the same.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Aviak

I like it and I'm using it, thank you[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Bosk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just downloaded this. I have one complaint, the EQ button, when I right click on it, I do not get the window with the Background, Alpha, and Lock options. The EQ button is stuck where it is and I can't move it.

Also is there anyone that has a graphics set for the spell icons with different looking icons. i.e. a lot of spells have the same look, a gray shield with a yellow background and sometimes in my haste i click the wrong one because they all look the same.
Right click just to the right or bottom of the actual icon. I made a little invisible hangnail there for you to grab onto. (I totally forgot to say something about it. Sorry sorry!) I just thought of something though; What if someone tried to put it in the bottom right corner!? Looks like I've got a revision on my hands here...

As far as the spell icons. I use the classic icons. (Those are the ones I grew up with dammit!) A lot of the icons are the same, so I just hover over them to find out which one is which. It's a bit lame and time consuming, so I'm considering adding in something like Vert UI. It has the names next to the icons. Although it would make the UI considerable larger if I did that, so I'm trying to come up with something nicer then that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like it and I'm using it, thank you[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay! Good to know people are enjoying this.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Aviak

What about just changing the colors, like the shield icon protection from cold, a blue shield; protection from fire, red shield; protection from poison, green; protection from disease, black. The same thing could be applied to healing and curing.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Bosk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about just changing the colors, like the shield icon protection from cold, a blue shield; protection from fire, red shield; protection from poison, green; protection from disease, black. The same thing could be applied to healing and curing.
From what I understand the icons are assigned a number and that number corresponds to a spell. All those spells use the same number for their icon. Change one, you change them all. And it's server side as far as I know. It might be in the spells file, but you can't modify that either as far as I know. I would think if it changes in size or what ever they use to detect it on the server, then you will get that spell files out of date error.

Sorry man. =/

Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Aviak

What a bummer, thank you for take time away from your projects to reply.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Skeleton

Send a message via AIM to Xxtayce

I have a question about the UI - It seems to use the big window for tradeskill containers (sewing kits, spits, mixing bowls) and since that ability didn't exist in classic, P99 makes you switch to the "Experiment" side.

I'm perfectly okay with that, but I was wondering if in a future revision, the UI could remove that first part?

Pretty sure it was never on Classic as I quit EQ after PoP.

: . . . : . . : | a - s o f t e r - w o r l d | : . . : . . . :
Old 07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxtayce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a question about the UI - It seems to use the big window for tradeskill containers (sewing kits, spits, mixing bowls) and since that ability didn't exist in classic, P99 makes you switch to the "Experiment" side.

I'm perfectly okay with that, but I was wondering if in a future revision, the UI could remove that first part?

You can pull xml files from my default UI which have all those changes done.

Xevin: I haven't looked but did you modify the WDT_Default draw template in the animation file or did you just make a new one? If you did the former then the files can just be dropped into the UI folder, otherwise you will need to change the xml drawtemplate first to match the slimmer design.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xxtayce [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wow! Totally forgot about that one. Definitely going to be a revision now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can pull xml files from my default UI which have all those changes done.

Xevin: I haven't looked but did you modify the WDT_Default draw template in the animation file or did you just make a new one? If you did the former then the files can just be dropped into the UI folder, otherwise you will need to change the xml drawtemplate first to match the slimmer design.
LOL I butchered the animations file so much... I forget what all I've done to it, but I had to tweak just about all the window templates. Just about everything really. I would be surprised if I didn't edit WDT_Default.

I'll look at what you did on your Default UI. I might be able to get something working from it. Thanks for the info. =)