Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoffmylawn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol

You do realize the risks involved with kiting right? especially more so with a noob with no gear? Give me a break.. player who has never played a bard confirmed.
You're being kind of a jerk. I just agreed with you and told you you're right and I'm wrong and then you laugh in my face. Bully.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoffmylawn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before this patch:

you just zoned into your favorite hunting zone. there are 100 mobs in zone. Big bad Bard comes and takes 75 of your 100 mobs.

Bard takes those mobs to his favourite kiting spot and dots them down.

5 mins later, those mobs start to respawn, enabling you and whoever else to start tagging them back to your soloing spot.

Now, after patch:

You just zoned into your favorite hunting zone. there are 100 mobs in zone. Big bad Bard comes and takes 75 of your 100 mobs.

Bard takes those mobs to his favourite kiting spot and dots them down.

5 mins later 25 mobs in his stack are dead but 50 remain, that still aren't respawning for rest in zone. Another 5 mins later 25 more die, leaving the remaining 25 mobs still chasing him around, unable to respawn for the rest of the players due to recent patch. 5 mins after that, the rest of his stack dies.

effectively, this patch added on 10-20 mins that people may have to wait for things to start respawning. While the change nerfs a lot of things with a lot of collateral nerfing damage in the process, it doesn't help anyone in any way. If anything, it makes things worse for everyone including those this patch was intended to help.
Yep, you're right!
Old 09-15-2016, 04:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're being kind of a jerk. I just agreed with you and told you you're right and I'm wrong and then you laugh in my face. Bully.
lol good stuff
Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
lol good stuff
I concur.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Large Rat

i tried to log into everquest and when i did it says i need new files but my character is not coming up nothing is the same as when i use to log in. if i get the files should my account go back to normal? i dont know what happened to my character!!!!!! is there a way to get your characters back....how did it just vanish? please someone help me!
Old 09-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Shewolf, on the first page of this post there is a link that is called Project 1999 files (v43). Click that and unzip them in your P99 folder overwriting any existing files then try opening the game again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2016, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Not to be rude, but why did this fix take 6 years?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Level 56 bard main here, have been playing for about 18 months and still have no max toons. I have no problems with the concept of limiting bard swarms on the server.
The rules have always been clear...

"Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area."

Whether you are a nice bard or an ass hat, i've been both, your swarm kiting is affecting others and was always intended by the devs on the server to be against the rules, "not classic" arguments are moronic. The problem is they have never been able to effectively enforce the rule. I say to the devs: keep at it, keep trying new things to fix the problem if this fix doesn't do it right. Don't ever apologize, just keep at it and thanks for the hard, unforgiving work. I do appreciate it

/rant

NO ONE BENEFITS when getting your bard or your PL pal to the end game as fast as possible is the only goal:

-There are enough shitty bards out there that we bards who wish to group and practice our art cannot get one over another class because we all have a bad name.
-This game is different from WoW for a reason that I believe the Devs understand. Its not about consuming content, its about human relationships within a framework where people have a common ground and a common enemy, and swords. Where people can have some measure of success and fun inside another world when their RL world may be a pile of shit that they daily have to wade through in order to get by.
-No one benefits when shortcuts circumvent the purpose of the game. Being a higher level has never been necessarily more fun IMO, though there may be more people to play with and I suppose more to do? Who remembers their last ToV clear as being more enjoyable than that time when you helped out a lowbie with 300plat who then paid it forward to another lowbie when it was nothing to him, or that time you challenged the leader of the biggest guild on the server to a duel when you were a lvl 30 decently self-geared paladin and he was a lvl 60 warrior but naked and you nearly won? Levels aren't everything folks, and the Devs understood that going into this thing, this "classic EQ" server they have fashioned from the ground up.

It's their server, they get it and you don't so stfu and thank them for their attempts to recreate some magic that is damn ellusive and basically unknown in the game world today. The magic that it was then spawned an entire generation of games that all lost sight in one way or another of the reason why the memories stuck, its about other people and swarm kiting is a threat to that.

Is it the best fix? obviously not. Is it way to damn late? The devs are not working on the now, they are working on the next. So be constructive like some of the better comments to this thread have been and talk about how it can be fixed and suggest real solutions that lead people together, even if they choose to solo play in EQ.

/rant
Old 10-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well, there goes my business. Time to close shop!
Old 10-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Orc

I'm just glad i can still play old skool eq. Have any of you logged on to live lately? /shiver
I am forever grateful for the opportunity to relive my noob feeling days and get that awesome nostalgia going. I don't take it as seriously as I did on live. It's like getting to be a kid again. Priceless. I'm taking it slow and taking it all in. Let us remember, we are fortunate to have p99 at all!
Closed Thread