Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

Default Calling anyone who wants to make a new dark elf.

Hi everyone, starting P99 again casually. Going to go through the struggle of life that is a Dark Elf Shadowknight. I know my heart wants troll regen and my brain wants ogre str/sta/stun immunity.. but there is something mystical and enthralling of playing one of the non-min/max race/class combos.

I encourage anyone interested in starting a dark elf, or in interest of hanging out to message me here on the forum. I don't have a name yet, but I look forward to having some fun, hopefully not alone. When I have a name thought out or chosen I will post it. I look forward to finding a Dark Elf friend(s) and a Scythe as soon as possible!

Name is "Berserking"
Last edited by gkmarino; 10-01-2016 at 01:38 AM..
Old 10-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Default Day 1 Update

*Updates* Hope you enjoy!

I have had a lot of fun starting from scratch. It's amazing how good it feels to be acquiring upgrades as you hunt. I happened upon a very nice Druid and Cleric who both blessed me with AC/HP/Regen/Speed boosts respectively.

Berserking level 5 Shadowknight.

- Still looking forward to finding friends and/or people who want to group.
- SK is a lot more fun to play without the 40% penalty.
- Smithing and Tailoring around level 15-20. Put 8 trainer points into each.
- Found 2 Cracked Staves and other misc. drops to sell from decaying skeletons.
- Purchased Large Bags (6 slot "backpacks" that weigh 1.0 instead of 3.5 for 2 less slots).
- Luckily, found a merchant with some medicine bags and bought one. (8 slot "backpack" weighs 0.4, have to deal with extra combine button.)
- Acquired an almost full suit of cloth from decaying skeletons.
- Acquired a Rusty Scythe (epic SK weapon) and Rusty Halberd (cool SK weapon). I sharpened the Halberd to an upgraded 11/55! WOW! (started 10/56).
- Trained Smithing by sharpening rusty weapons.
- Hunted wolves and bears after decaying skeletons to harvest their pelts. I purchased a small sewing kit (2 slots).
- Pelts generally weigh 3.5 and Patchwork Armor (ruined pelts) generally weighs 0.8 - 2.0 or so. I saved time on commute by stocking up on tailoring patterns, patterns for pieces that I needed to equip and others just to convert pelts into lighter components and to train Tailoring. I was combining on the hunting field and equipping the upgrades as I was successful. This was very rewarding because moving from cloth to patchwork you achieve the leather armor model.
- Look forward to moving onto Studded Armor (medium-quality pelts) once I can Smith studs and have enough MQ pelts.

Fun first night. Died once to a Shadowed Man in Nektulos while I was hunting Shadow Wolves. I got lost in Neriak for at least 30 minutes.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds awesome. Keep on living the dream!
Old 10-02-2016, 02:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have a DE SK myself, level 3. I have no clue what I'm doing xD

Name is Raust
Old 10-02-2016, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Updates* Hope you enjoy!

I have had a lot of fun starting from scratch. It's amazing how good it feels to be acquiring upgrades as you hunt. I happened upon a very nice Druid and Cleric who both blessed me with AC/HP/Regen/Speed boosts respectively.

Berserking level 5 Shadowknight.

- Still looking forward to finding friends and/or people who want to group.
- SK is a lot more fun to play without the 40% penalty.
- Smithing and Tailoring around level 15-20. Put 8 trainer points into each.
- Found 2 Cracked Staves and other misc. drops to sell from decaying skeletons.
- Purchased Large Bags (6 slot "backpacks" that weigh 1.0 instead of 3.5 for 2 less slots).
- Luckily, found a merchant with some medicine bags and bought one. (8 slot "backpack" weighs 0.4, have to deal with extra combine button.)
- Acquired an almost full suit of cloth from decaying skeletons.
- Acquired a Rusty Scythe (epic SK weapon) and Rusty Halberd (cool SK weapon). I sharpened the Halberd to an upgraded 11/55! WOW! (started 10/56).
- Trained Smithing by sharpening rusty weapons.
- Hunted wolves and bears after decaying skeletons to harvest their pelts. I purchased a small sewing kit (2 slots).
- Pelts generally weigh 3.5 and Patchwork Armor (ruined pelts) generally weighs 0.8 - 2.0 or so. I saved time on commute by stocking up on tailoring patterns, patterns for pieces that I needed to equip and others just to convert pelts into lighter components and to train Tailoring. I was combining on the hunting field and equipping the upgrades as I was successful. This was very rewarding because moving from cloth to patchwork you achieve the leather armor model.
- Look forward to moving onto Studded Armor (medium-quality pelts) once I can Smith studs and have enough MQ pelts.

Fun first night. Died once to a Shadowed Man in Nektulos while I was hunting Shadow Wolves. I got lost in Neriak for at least 30 minutes.
This is why I love the first few levels, so much to do, loads of huge upgrades to acquire in a variety of ways!
Old 10-02-2016, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds like you are having a good time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] If you are looking for a guild of leveling players to group up with feel free to look me up on game for more info or an invite. We are small but have a decent number of players with mains and alts between 10 and 50. We also have a recruit thread in the guild sub-forum here if you want more info.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCadaverX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a DE SK myself, level 3. I have no clue what I'm doing xD

Name is Raust
I will add you and help you get a tarnished weapon and at least patchwork armor. Save all the wolf pelts you can find. Especially ruined, med and high quality. Hope to meet you! Take care.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

My dark elf SK made it to 59, no regrets other than not reaching 60 yet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-02-2016, 01:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I made a DE Ench with the intent of joining the Ways of Yore guild (I have irregular play times and have not seen any on for the last week I have played). For that reason I have no twink items and have gotten all but my cloth gloves from skellies and decayed(Don'the their fleshless first gers email error get cold??) I am level 8 now and ran to HHK to get my pet spell. It is great fun doing leveling the old fashioned way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In game name is Aaww.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don'the their fleshless first gers email error get cold??
*head explodes*
Closed Thread