Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-24-2012, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Default Failing to dispel dots

Twice in the last week I've been dotted, and upon dispelling the dot at the top of my buffs, it only dispels my other buffs beneath the dot.

Oh, i believe both times it was with drifting death. Dispelling with nullify magic from book, pumice crystal and also using the cancel magic spell. None of the three work on this spell randomly.
Last edited by Dullah; 02-24-2012 at 08:19 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Some times it shows up as the top slot and you can't dispel it but when you zone it shows it as a later slot. Also, some times they don't show up at all.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Banned

hope this gets fixed uncurable dots is dumb
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

I know what causes the problem but it's kind of hard to explain. Sometimes when you click off a buff right away, the client still thinks the buff is on (but you receive no benefits from it). If that buff is in the top slot, then if you click it off and immediately try to dispel yourself, the dispel will target the buff that you just clicked off - in other words, it won't have any effect. If you click off your top buff, immediately replace it with another buff (a dot, let's say), and try to dispel that dot, the dispel will go for the buffs below that dot, because the dispel thinks for some reason that the dot is in another buff slot, even though to the player the dot appears to be in the top slot. This is extremely easy to reproduce - if you're a bard with your top slot open, cast selo's, then immediately click off selo's and cast tuyen's chant of flame (or any other dispellable dot) on yourself. Then immediately cast one of your dispels on yourself. In most cases the dispel will target a lower buff and not the dot you used on yourself, even though the dot seems to be in the top slot.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

This happens even when I haven't had anything in top slot. I always keep it empty. Also has occurred when dot was not in top slot.