Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:21 PM
Kobold

I do however think life became easier as a hybrid with luclin and pop even more so. There was a point where warriors were unwanted in pop groups as mobs hit so hard having bad snap aggro was akin to wiping a group.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Aviak

One of the coolest looking epics at least. Double god damn lightning swords? Sign me the fuck up.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Know why rangers never got feign death?

'Cuz the fall to the ground would kill 'em.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

We don't need feign cause we got the real thing!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

I am loving the Ranger so far, been tanking everything fine. However I am 21, and even/yellow shit seems to be beating my ass now lol.
Last edited by VincentVolaju; 03-03-2013 at 11:38 PM..
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you're in velious and your raid's spot healers are calling LoM partially into a 300k hp fight from the massive AE damage all the melee are taking, you can step right out of range and comfortably shoot with your bow until heals catch up. Sure you don't have AA's and it's not as good as hack and slash, but live dps>dead dps.

Direct your attention to the Ventani the Warder encounter if you still think rangers will be useless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all seriousness during a velious fight where healers are having mana problems no cleric would heal a ranger what so ever.

You will put some news buffs on people you will track mobs and you will use weaponshield to position mobs for other classes then die.

After that you could log off because you won't make a difference.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Rangers are just DPS" sums it up right there. Kinda similar to "Rangers suck cause they can't tank."

Lets see your 3 warriors/3 monks/3 rogues save your group's a$$ when:

1) Unsnared mob grabs his buddies and pulls to your group.
2) FD-broken monk brings adds that aggro your casters..
3) Warrior can't hold mob's attention after heal aggro...healer dead, group wipe.

Sorry, but no warrior/monk/rogue can help you in any of these situations.
Yeah, that's why every group I'm in people always say, "Well there is a warrior, monk and rogue LFG, but I'm gonna hold out for a ranger to replace me, guys."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, that's why every group I'm in people always say, "Well there is a warrior, monk and rogue LFG, but I'm gonna hold out for a ranger to replace me, guys."
Lol, Classic.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There is no reason to shoulder the burden of a poorly designed class when better replacements can be found in abundance.
Most of us wouldn't want to group with folks like you either, so it's all good. If absolute efficiency is your only focus when playing, then I don't know why you're here.

And by the way, on live certain rangers were known for saving raids occasionally with weaponshield and snap aggro. Live cleric camped=win. Rangers are not just dps on velious raids, and as had already been mentioned, can make up for a dropped trinity member of a exp group very well. Situationally, they can pull as well or better than anyone else too. Weaponshield was often used on raids to set a mob up for slows and to build transfer aggro for the tank. As was mentioned, patching necro's and shammies removes a burden for already overworked healer classes.

But, it is true that we don't get the really fixing changes that came later, and so if you play a ranger you are going to have to be prepared for a rough road, even after velious.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Some people play an easy class because it is easy others play a hard class because it is hard.

It seems those that play the hard class don't dismiss the person for choosing to play it easy.
Closed Thread