Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good contribution sirken
Old 06-04-2016, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

red99 has always been a govt sponsored social experiment to keep certain people logged in and off the streets. vyrenoth and the dude who started shooting at the park are failures of said experiment.
Old 06-04-2016, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
red99 has always been a govt sponsored social experiment to keep certain people logged in and off the streets. vyrenoth and the dude who started shooting at the park are failures of said experiment.
hehe

the only reason they ever ran red99 is to Keep all the maniacs, druggies and bugerqueens seperated from the cash cow that is blue
Old 06-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y
Old 06-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Banned

i just realized half our community are these:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

yiKes
Old 06-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Banned

Whats the other half, close to the edge ex-military with PTSD, anger management issues who think girls shouldnt be wearing blue because its a boy color
Old 06-04-2016, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes I think R99 players forget there is a thriving blue server that runs the same code. The reason R99 is a low pop shithole that Rogean and other staff don't give a fuck about is entirely because of the cesspool community that plays on it.

The project as a whole is doing quite well.
Blue is not doing well. Its a top heavy, over inflated, over exploited server, with a horrendous raid scene.

Its to be expected with such things being in the game for soo long such as invis pulling, donals bp to name just a couple.

Both servers a beta.

All they need is a restart with a proper and classic timeline.

People like to think this shits classic. This shit aint classic. Starting with timeline.....

Wipe these test servers clean.
Last edited by Masakizt; 06-04-2016 at 09:24 PM..
Old 06-05-2016, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then replace db with emu community. I don't want the code, I get it, it makes sense, but also I could see opposing arguments. Like: if got code emu community = give code back to emu community
The EQEmu software is one thing, the database is another.

It took them bazillions of man-hours, tears, sweat and blood to construct that DB (and probably adapt the EQEmu code somewhat, not to mention fiddle with the client itself through dsetup.dll and friends). They dedicated years of competent developer, sysadmin, you-name-it time to making p99 happen.

They could have spent that time making money for themselves, these skill sets are very marketable today, and not at the minimum wages at all. So you can see it as if they spent their own money (and a lot of it) for p99 to happen.

If Live EQ is shut down at some point, maybe they will have a shot to actually making money back from all that work. Why would they ruin their chances at it by releasing the DB?
Old 06-05-2016, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't read and please stop fucking posting hippo

you havnt played eq in 3 years now

maybe its time you move on from the forums

red is fine if you don't like, don't play don't post

ps didn't read any of that shit but I saw who op was and all that "blah blah blah" I knew my response already.

have a nice day faygate

btw op is a know rmt from back in the day, you disgust me pal
First essay I have ever seen written about not reading something. Get a life kid.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

I don't think Rogean and friends releasing the code would be the best move. That will lead to a situation where we have lots of servers that are "P1999 but with...!" Thus, the very limited classic EQ Emu playerbase would be too divided. And though blue is a bit crowded, there are few enough people here on red as is.

A reset, knowing everything our devs know now and having all of the coding in place they've already done, would be wise, I think. It would essentially be a better version of what we've already had.

But these are just my hopes and dreams (I welcome jokes about the pathetic state of my life and genitals). I'm sure our staff are making plans to do something.
Closed Thread