Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

I'm curious how many fungi tunics are currently on the server. I remember Jeremy selling 2 per week a year or so ago. With invis pulling fixed, im sure farming slowed down a little?
Old 01-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious how many fungi tunics are currently on the server. I remember Jeremy selling 2 per week a year or so ago. With invis pulling fixed, im sure farming slowed down a little?
About 90-95k. Farming slowed down a tad, but there were people who hoarded tons of them, so the supply is basically the same.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

He wondered how many there are, not how much they cost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Oh...A LOT!
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I can sort of understand the frustrations of new players, who zone into EC and can't find a single item for sale under 50-100pp. That seems like a ridiculous amount when you're literally saving every copper. The thing is, though, you really don't need much to level. Pretty much every melee class can get a Kunark weapon that is better than anything that existed in classic for under 200pp or so (the best example is Monks and the Wu's Quivering Staff. 150pp or less for a 23/28 ratio? That's just insane value). And casters don't benefit much from expensive gear anyway, beyond some basic hp/mana items. Also, if you're a new player and people see you making an honest effort instead of standing around begging, it's more than likely they will straight up GIVE you multiple items anyway. I've given away thousands of plat worth of gear and I'm definitely not alone in that regard.

So basically, the answer is to stop concerning yourself with prices in EC and just play the damned game. You will be surprised how quickly you find yourself geared if you just do three things:

1) Level
2) Have a positive attitude
3) Make friends
Old 01-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

As is well put earlier the mid level stuff doesn't get sold because it isn't worth it.

Minotaur axes, tentacle whips, gnoll lariats, splitpaw hide, ring mail/bronze, etc... Just don't get sold that often.

Partially due to the fact people are spending more time leveling/grinding and less exploring. You out level gear pretty quickly and selling something for 10PP when you could group a bit and sell 2 fine steel weapons for the same isn't all that attractive.

Also it's due to people giving away better stuff. Why would you pay 15 plat for a T Whip when you someone may just give you a Yak Club for free?

For me, if someone is paying less than 50 plat for a port or item, they need the plat more than I do and I'd be more inclined to give it away rather than try to sell it.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

I can concur with the sentiment of not sitting around EC and expecting handouts.

If you stand in front of neriak in nektulos, you will see two types of people:
1. Beelines to EC
2. Stands there a moment and wonders where the hell to go.

It's pretty clear who is who. If you just get out and play, people will be generous. I know I am when I see a genuinely new player. I keep items in my bank for just such an occasion.

So basically, the answer is to stop concerning yourself with prices in EC and just play the damned game. You will be surprised how quickly you find yourself geared if you just do three things:

1) Level
2) Have a positive attitude
3) Make friends
Last edited by drktmplr12; 01-30-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Orc

Nybright Sisters in LFay. lvls 12-20 there and you will have 2k+ plat. Now stop crying and go play!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:56 PM
Kobold

If you aren't high enough to camp for it, don't expect it.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Orc

I like the merchant idea, but it's just not encompassing enough as players would have to voluntarily buy from them.

Try to think of item vendoring as minimum wage.

Despite some valid points, you can't argue that this would not be good for the server overall.

As someone posted earlier, try to remember that everything is relative in price. The only thing that will not change is the base wage (item vendoring).

The fact is, something like this is inevitable, and I for one would rather not see the community split between multiple servers.