Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Kobold

Default Half-pint hybrids

I realize that halfling and gnome hybrids weren't in the game during the Velious expansion, however P99 does include certain features which were absent during the second expansion such as the interface compass and the ability to switch the face of one's character in-game (the latter of these things I find to be rather unfortunate as it strips away a certain degree of a character's individuality). Halfling rangers and gnome shadowknights are by no means essential, and I can certainly appreciate the desire to adhere as closely as possible to the way things were, though I suppose I'm curious as to who actually finds halfling and gnome hybrids to be all that objectionable? I mean, for example halflings can be druids and warriors, gnomes can be warriors and necromancers, doesn't it kind of make sense that they could also be a combination of these classes?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

I can't speak on behalf of the people who actually work with the code, but I can online imagine / theorize that the things that are non-classic still in the game (like the compass, newbie and city zone maps, and the like) are because they're tied to the Titanium client and/or are exceedingly difficult, if not impossible, to remove.

/shrug

I wouldn't necessarily object to the so-called "Half-pint hybrids", but because they're not classic, I'm not exactly worried about not having them. Besides, Halflings are OP as a race, do we really want more of them? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainflush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize that halfling and gnome hybrids weren't in the game during the Velious expansion, however P99 does include certain features which were absent during the second expansion such as the interface compass and the ability to switch the face of one's character in-game (the latter of these things I find to be rather unfortunate as it strips away a certain degree of a character's individuality). Halfling rangers and gnome shadowknights are by no means essential, and I can certainly appreciate the desire to adhere as closely as possible to the way things were, though I suppose I'm curious as to who actually finds halfling and gnome hybrids to be all that objectionable? I mean, for example halflings can be druids and warriors, gnomes can be warriors and necromancers, doesn't it kind of make sense that they could also be a combination of these classes?
I believe they were added per the patch cycle. early last year they were not able to be chosen.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainflush [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling rangers and gnome shadowknights are by no means essential, and I can certainly appreciate the desire to adhere as closely as possible to the way things were, though I suppose I'm curious as to who actually finds halfling and gnome hybrids to be all that objectionable?
It's not about objection, it's just that those races could not choose those classes until later in the progression. We're not there yet. You can do the research to see when they were added - http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/

Edit: if you meant "who finds hybrids all that objectionable" in a more rhetorical sense, and not that you think they havent been added because of some developer ire for those race/class choices, i apologize [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feachie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe they were added per the patch cycle. early last year they were not able to be chosen.
I think it depends on your installation. I've always been able to see those choices at the character creation screen - but if you have an installation that can choose that combination and attempt to create the character, your client crashes. That's intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 07-07-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Old 07-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

this topic has come up and gone many times. not going to happen.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this topic has come up and gone many times. not going to happen.
That's too bad, oh well.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

I'm on the conservative side and think paladins should be restricted to humans, SKs to humans and DEs, and rangers to humans and wood elves, and half elves. so I disagree :P
Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm on the conservative side and think paladins should be restricted to humans, SKs to humans and DEs, and rangers to humans and wood elves, and half elves. so I disagree :P
what about the dorf pallys?
Old 07-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Planar Protector

humans only.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

I miss my halfling ranger and paladin.
Closed Thread