Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill.
spend less time on the forums and more time in game and you'll realize that those aren't your only choices.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I plated since near the beginning, burned out and quit. Everquest is boring once you get to the end, its the struggling to improve your toon thats the addicting fun part!

Tons of maxed out people would leave for a new server, hell ib quit as a guild after maxing out in kunark to go play eq mac. Nobody started on this server expecting their work to last forever.

The only thing that sucks, is that for there to be a new server, the devs have to have a reason to want to do it which im not sure they have.... people are playing their project,why increase workload just to make people happier.

Its unfortunate we couldnt do a subscription or have a fixed income model to keep the devs motivated they do a great job and the time ive put into p99 is crazy haha.

And having 2-300 people on eq classic is not underpopulated, p99 thrived around 300 for a long time before kunark!
I would for sure go for the subscription model for a classic EQ server.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:23 PM
Aviak

Opening a new server along side this one would probably be best idea, IMO.

Once SoV is released on this server, open a new one with classic timeline.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite part of these threads is when the "wipe it clean" crowd explains how wiping it clean will get rid of the RMT and duping crowd.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to take a moment to discuss LordSterben. Player joins server 3 weeks ago, reads a couple of threads on board about RMTing, then assumes he knows enough about p99 and its playerbase, history, and behind the scene wheelings and dealings to make educated comments about it. You sir, are a genius. Please, tell me what the solutions are for us to be better.
Why would I stop when it bothers you so much? Lol. Watching you furrow your brow and wring your hands in concern of me is pretty entertaining.

You're one of those people who doesn't understand that when you have a discussion on the internet, you're opening it up to the input of other people. If you don't like what I have to say or disagree, then discuss it or ignore me. Trying to stop me from giving my opinion or suggestions (not assertions, like you seem to think I'm making) will only result in me saying "piss off."

I don't have a solution for the server but I have one for you: chill out and stop being.a chode. This is a discussion about a meaningless video game...you're not going to hit "combine" on a fletching kit and cure cancer.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You hit it and then you didn't. The reason I'd love a wipe regardless of the situation is that I'd like to do classic raids when they are classic-ly difficult. As an old EQ hardcore player in the current situation that cannot happen. TMO has everything on farm status as did FE and IB at points so if I join any of the 3 I get the "easy" route. If I join a raid guild that actually hasn't done the content the chances of doing the content period is nill. My only current hope is to do it in Velious which is when I became a true raider back in the day so I have experienced it.
Sorry, but that is a very selfish reason.

You want to wipe the server because you came late to the show? The same argument could be made for every MMO ever... if you come late you miss the early shit.

Join TMO and enjoy progression in velious if that is what you want.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I stop when it bothers you so much? Lol. Watching you furrow your brow and wring your hands in concern of me is pretty entertaining.

You're one of those people who doesn't understand that when you have a discussion on the internet, you're opening it up to the input of other people. If you don't like what I have to say or disagree, then discuss it or ignore me. Trying to stop me from giving my opinion or suggestions (not assertions, like you seem to think I'm making) will only result in me saying "piss off."

I don't have a solution for the server but I have one for you: chill out and stop being.a chode. This is a discussion about a meaningless video game...you're not going to hit "combine" on a fletching kit and cure cancer.
PWNED! Except for the "meaningless video game" bit... What are you talking about?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

who would not come back if the server is wiped? would a neckbeard stop living with his mom if she moved? where else you gonna go dumb ass? red99? hahaha
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

fighting to get thread moved to RnF. it probably belongs there, though, considering who the OP is.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PWNED! Except for the "meaningless video game" bit... What are you talking about?

Terraria, of course. =)
Closed Thread