Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my observations so far leveling a ogre shaman to 7 YMMV

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i didn't care much for going up and down the road to inno. it seemed like there were either never any enemies, or so many enemies i'd get swarmed and have to run back to the guards. instead i found this nice little pocket in the upper right corner of the map. skeletons, broodlings, occasionally some bats. spiderlings are also plentiful but they help their own kind so you have to be careful of the bigger spiders which will destroy you. unlike the roads the land is a little flatter and there aren't quite as many trees so it's easier to keep an eye on the area around you. it's also nice because if you hang near the walls and aren't familiar with the zone it's easy to get to guards, just follow the wall west. the dangers, outlined in yellow, are not running into the camps on accident or pissing off the bigger spiders.

i hung around the Rathe zone too, it got some traffic from higher levels who occasionally would throw me buffs which helped. didn't care much for this area, you can snag some higher level lizards here and there but there's a Dark Assassin mob, level 50 whose route i don't know but someone was nice enough to warn me and i nearly ran into him on my way out of the area.

as far as inno goes that place outside of guk is fantastic. you can guaranteed handle the guards at level 6. they spawn every 7 and a half minutes or so, getting them timed to spawn apart is useful because you can pop out and grab some of the nearby frogloks on the island to the left of the 'cave' the entrance sits on and still have enough hp to tank and mana to use spells. the "DoT" place on the map is a merchant who sells your lvl5 and lvl9 dot spells, i dunno how mana efficient Sicken is but i've been using it because it counteracts natural regen and it's useful for softening up mobs when you have more than one wailing on you. that same merchant is also nice because you don't have to go all the way back into town to offload your junk and you'll probably be getting quite a few weapons fighting frogloks. being by guk is useful too because you can usually get a buff or two. anything is nice but i found AC and mana regen were probably the most useful. mana above all else, it's kind of surprising the blatantly stupid shit you can get away with when resources are no object. i added a caution circle her just to reiterate that good-aligned mob to the right of the guk cave, that guy can be easy to overlook and is on the path to the in-zone merchant so always always always check for that guy.

i'm planning to stick around until i hit level 9 and get sow, after that Norrath kind of becomes your oyster. i saw a post a few pages back mentioning Befallen so i might give that a go. i like the grouping aspect of this game it's more fun than any other MMO but sometimes finding a group or getting into one can be impossible so it's nice to know OT is there if this doesn't pan out.

If I could edit my original post (please fix devs/mods), I would add soo much of this. Thank you for the contribution and please feel free to add to this post with follow-ups. I get a-lot of feedback from this post and I know the readers would appreciate it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
None. Zero. Possibly a negative number.
ogre can do it with less gear

we'll see though, won't we
Old 05-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I could edit my original post (please fix devs/mods), I would add soo much of this. Thank you for the contribution and please feel free to add to this post with follow-ups. I get a-lot of feedback from this post and I know the readers would appreciate it.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's a copy of this on the wiki, edit that. maybe make a new thread and have the OP link to it. then people could edit with their own submissions. maybe make a hardcopy that's just your notes and then make a public edit version anyone can do whatever with provided they don't vandalize. maybe you could petition a forum mod to edit the OP for you in this regard once you have the links sorted out.

i've been zooming through level 8 thanks to med, i'll probably post more of my journey through shamanhood once i find somewhere to settle after i hit level 9 and get my juicy sow+second dot. my highest level is a lvl 14 druid so i'm just a newbie despite playing on this server on and off for like 4 years lmao (altaholicism is a bitch, especially when the classes are so unique) but i assume it might be helpful given sometimes these guides are written for newbies from the perspective of an experienced player so things can get lost in translation or people find themselves trying to take challenges that just make leveling unpleasant or inefficient due to inexperience. that's not shade or anything, i'm sure wandering the swamp gives great exp if you know what the hell you're doing but i just don't have that luxury.
Last edited by Lopretni; 05-12-2015 at 12:04 PM..
Old 05-21-2015, 06:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lvl 16 atm, following your guide.

some advices :
- Create your Char, pop in Oggok, ask a high lvl player who is killing Oggok guards (there is always someone doing that) to let you loot a shield and a weapon that you can use.
Ask him if you can loot an extra weapon / shield to sell for your spells.

- User inner fire to heal.

- I killed snakes in SRO lvl 8 to 9. Lots of blue.

Will update as I lvl up.
Lvl 20 now.

So I did Kurns Tower up to lvl 19, it was fast and had no problem finding blue mobs.

Start to slow at 19 but if you go outside the tower in Field of bone there is plenty of blue mobs. I hit lvl 20 there.

I'm now in Oasis, deepwater croc are good exp and easy to kill.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Default requesting more level 30-45 solo areas

requesting more level 30-45 solo areas pls.

Loads of goods spots but I keep having a memory laps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] halp!
Old 05-26-2015, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

`more level 30-45 solo areas pls.`

Uguk, between anc croc and the Lguk zoneline, the one above water that is. (May need help on breaking up the grp of 3 spawn.)

HHK floor 3 and up doing guards....goes green about 40.

alternative....35+ make friends with a 40+ necro and go duo in the spectre cave

alt...35+ duo with ikky monk at minos zoneline in lower guk, this goes smoothly with grp of 3.

35+ duo gnomes in sola with ikky monk...or another fd class.

40+ kaesora entrance, get a map or a guide!

40+ duo guards in felwithe with a necro or any fear class....bard/sk

44+ spectres...solo.. (get crack)

45+ wfp guards....mostly for plat

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Last edited by blondeattk; 05-26-2015 at 01:26 AM..
Old 05-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
requesting more level 30-45 solo areas pls.

Loads of goods spots but I keep having a memory laps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] halp!
34-40+ mines of nurga (pras Swish for the idea)

Exit tunnel has 5 single goblin spawns and 1 dual spawn. Most are casters, but that is not an issue since the narrow tunnel with lots of corners let's you root rot and get out of LoS. *healer mobs will not heal if they don't have LoS on you*

Send in pet to eat dots/dd/ht, then something like malo - disease - poison - root (since you'll have threat after dots and can position mob) - move around corner and call off pet. Until 39 you'll need 2 poison dots.

Nice xp, OK drops (salts) and +chardok faction for those nice velious quests. I at most saw 4-5 ppl ever in the zone when I did 34-40.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Edit function disabled???

Anyway here is a map, I was also going to add this could work for a necro as well either root rotting or fear kiting as there is enough room for it. The map is missing a few hall ways though, much more room between spawns.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-26-2015, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Talking

Hi, first off I just want to give a shout out to BlkCamel for making an awesome guide. When i do play EQ its usually for about 1hour or so at a time, So I was going to make a Shaman Ogre and work on your guild because its so awesome. My Main question is How long do you think it would take to get to lets say 40's or so with your guide? I have about 900pp or so to get this guy rolling. If i spent like 10hours a week playing you think i can get to 40's in about a couple of months? Or is Shaman leveling slow ?

I have only played a Druid on live, and on P99 I made a necro but i dont like him at all so i just farmed some PP to give to a new char.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, first off I just want to give a shout out to BlkCamel for making an awesome guide. When i do play EQ its usually for about 1hour or so at a time, So I was going to make a Shaman Ogre and work on your guild because its so awesome. My Main question is How long do you think it would take to get to lets say 40's or so with your guide? I have about 900pp or so to get this guy rolling. If i spent like 10hours a week playing you think i can get to 40's in about a couple of months? Or is Shaman leveling slow ?

I have only played a Druid on live, and on P99 I made a necro but i dont like him at all so i just farmed some PP to give to a new char.
Limited play time a lot of times means you won't be grouping, unfortunately (I'm usually in the same boat). Untwinked shaman solo is semi-brutal till ~34. After that it's much easier. Can't say if you'd be 40 or not in that time frame. I personally don't feel that I could do it that fast in just short spurts of play time, but your mileage might vary. Was able to do it on an enchanter, but my shaman took much longer.