Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The closer you are the better chance you have to have aggro
Any parses on this?

I'm calling fake news on you pal! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any parses on this?

I'm calling fake news on you pal! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare fist monks.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

lol I'm honestly half expecting that to be the answer (that or "if someone drops a root")

which is, of course, technically correct [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah outside of root, proximity (from an aggro standpoint) is meaningless for those within the range of the mob. For the purpose of using the taunt skill, it matters only in the sense that you have to be close enough to the mob for it to fire. Your position relative to the mob (front/back/side) is also irrelevant.

Theory-craft suggests that a lifetap should give both dd and heal aggro, but this is false. A necromancer casting a ~330hp lifetap that heals 330 does not generate 660 hate. Point is - bloodpoint, though a very worthwhile weapon to use situationally, is a terrible aggro weapon.

Various lifetaps for the purpose of aggro were parsed extensively on thesteelwarrior with the advent of LDON and augments you could add to weapons. They were tested ad nauseum and consistently found to be terrible aggro and only really useful for other melee classes with the exception of niche utility combat setups to be used under similar circumstances that bloodpoints are useful on p99.

I loved the warrior class and main'd one on live for the better part of a decade. One day I'll get around to making one on p99 - but I'll likely wait until I have more money than I know what to do with for the characters I'm already playing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-25-2017 at 12:38 PM..
Old 06-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

"During this stunned state the other person will usually move out of the way and your taunt will have the best chance to be successful." I did not mean that as taunt formula having a range success check. What I am talking about is the how player range interacts with the aggro list. If a player is standing in melee range right under the mob it will be more likely to hit that person over someone who is say standing at max melee range or out of melee range. By using a stunning kick (or slam/bash) to allow yourself to get to the very front of a mob for while Taunt places you at the top of the list will give you the greatest chance at holding aggro.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:53 PM
Banned

Hi cucumbers u nerd
Old 06-25-2017, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

ur a nerd

nerd
Old 06-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Banned

love u [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread