Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-13-2015, 12:27 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am just using the Titanium UI.....you guys have much better set ups than I do.

Whats a good place to DL something like these posted above?
Hi Spyder,

Unfortunately alot of the older UI's just over the first 6 years of the game had been changed and modified to work with later expansions so a lot of the UI's that are going to work for P99 on located on the forums or a work-in-progress

eqinterface.com

Is about all thats left but has a strong community and tons of information on how to get started on rewinding the clock. Most if not all the UI's found on that site is RoF2 UI's or other games.

Titanium patches/fixes can be found on the wiki http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7850 this will send you to the colored defualt velious ui's

Everyone looking how to get started should start at the beginning, and the first avaliable date for eqinterface is oct2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20040207...d/index.php?s=

This is where i started.

All the original code that was being used at that time can be found here CODE

This be what i been looking for, to hell with opening rewritting code and trying to load/unload loadfail.... Code is whats needed, Code is what is found . From there you will be exactly where im at with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"She wished for gold, but not the strength to carry it!"-Unknown
Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-13-2015 at 01:24 AM..
Old 01-13-2015, 04:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasMinor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Spyder,

Unfortunately alot of the older UI's just over the first 6 years of the game had been changed and modified to work with later expansions so a lot of the UI's that are going to work for P99 on located on the forums or a work-in-progress

eqinterface.com

Is about all thats left but has a strong community and tons of information on how to get started on rewinding the clock. Most if not all the UI's found on that site is RoF2 UI's or other games.

Titanium patches/fixes can be found on the wiki http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7850 this will send you to the colored defualt velious ui's

Everyone looking how to get started should start at the beginning, and the first avaliable date for eqinterface is oct2003. https://web.archive.org/web/20040207...d/index.php?s=

This is where i started.

All the original code that was being used at that time can be found here CODE

This be what i been looking for, to hell with opening rewritting code and trying to load/unload loadfail.... Code is whats needed, Code is what is found . From there you will be exactly where im at with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
love the research you did, but I couldnt get any of those older links to download.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:09 AM
Kobold

thats really looking good atlas, i would definitely switch to your frames if you post them (i'll still use my rock background though :P)
Old 01-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
love the research you did, but I couldn't get any of those older links to download.
NP, the links downloadable files from 2001 are linked to the old servers i mostly did the research so you could click the different Interface parts and scrolling down you will see the Old-Code that was being patched into Luclin update, this should be a good reference to WHAT to REMOVE from different pieces, so you would start removing starting at the entries to each pieces code down, and that will clear the slate so modern pieces will work..

Its a hit and miss and i wouldn't guarantee that the interface-piece being worked on will work, but i been able to clean up a lot of pieces, older and newer pieces just by erasing the added-patch coding that was making them compatible for the new expansions.

This is what a lot of people sitting around PoP sat and talked about and you can compare code and see the difference also or vise versa copy over exsiting code into a piece by adding it in place of what might be wrong. Used to do it all the time, saves time and work until... you realize the entire script needs to match and find yourself writting in the corrected numbers all the way down running into wrong modifications.

It takes time but eventually you get the piece you want to work and if you want it bad enough youll put in the time.

And that just one piece. They changed sizes and matching on a lot, here you can see the changes on my code link and now see what was being changed and go directly to that part. Probably if changes arnt listed in my code link, then its probably needs to be removed from the piece altogether, modding didnt happen until midway through/Post Luclin, thats when things got crazy.

NOTE* Iv'e taken college since then :P kicking and screaming i might add and understand a lot more then i used. I'm advanced C,Visual Basic C+,C++, and some C# but you won't find any C#in this. Removing upto the Title of the Parts Code

example= <Ui2DAnimation item = "A_ActionsBtnNormal"> erase, obviously we always had a combat abilities, but whats been added under it would need to be looked at and erased up-to the point that's P99 compatible

in the example what was added was

IF you have a custom EQUI_Animations.xml file, open using a text editor (Word, WordPerfect, NotePad, etc.) and using the Search or Find function:

Find:

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_ActionsBtnNormal">

Immediately before that line, ADD:

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnNormal">
<Frames>
<Texture>window_pieces04.tga</Texture>
<Location>
<X>88</X>
<Y>152</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnFlyby">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>114</X>
<Y>152</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnPressed">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>140</X>
<Y>152</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnPressedFlyby">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>166</X>
<Y>152</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnDisabled">
<Frames>
<Location>
<X>192</X>
<Y>152</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>26</CX>
<CY>26</CY>
</Size>
<Hotspot>
<X>0</X>
<Y>0</Y>
</Hotspot>
</Frames>
</Ui2DAnimation>

its used to look like this only

<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_ActionsBtnNormal">
insert code here, it has code here.
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_CombatSkillBtnNormal">
BLANK

This is what messed up a lot of peoples animations they thought they were getting away with, because those flash UI animations that worked was really using parts of pieces that had no code written in by Sony yet.

This is just example. and this would be a poor choice for animation although it is a button thats pressed im sure there were some out there.

est to look at the version of the default.old pieces, compare to what your looking at and you can go from there, but its not going to work if the piece your wanting was modified to work for the expansion it was updated to work with. So its a matter of figuring out what got changed and if any scripts the piece is trying run was modified as well.

So your going to need all 3 resources.
  1. default.old
  2. the Velious code updates link i provided
  3. The updated piece your working on.

Take time.

Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-14-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: NOTE
Old 01-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:05 PM
Fire Giant

I'm looking for a UI that has a combination of two horizontal hotbars and two vertical hotbars.

Anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 01-15-2015, 02:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm looking for a UI that has a combination of two horizontal hotbars and two vertical hotbars.

This is what was created by the community of P99

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7850

If your looking for something different you will have to create/mod UI interfaces yourself. Sorry but that is all thats been created or/ found on the forums as far as what your looking for.

Savok did a lot of work on this i believe. Savok will be the one your going to want to get into contact with.

A lot of people just use Duxal and the Duxal installer, but its ALL based on Velious, and Velious UI's is as far as this server will ever progress.

hope this helps.

Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-15-2015 at 02:20 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My UIs contain 2 vert 2 horz if you select the horizontal version:

Leewong's custom UIs

Old 01-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

[QUOTE=leewong;1743891]My UIs contain 2 vert 2 horz if you select the horizontal version:

Leewong's custom UIs

I like those spell books you got on those ui's Hope this thread keeps growing

Old 01-15-2015, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Was wondering if anyone's UI had an adjustable/re-sizeable Target Window?