Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-15-2015, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was wondering if anyone's UI had an adjustable/re-sizeable Target Window?
theres funny rules in the EQ ui. some windows will only be resizable in one aspect ( like the option bar only resizes vertically) and so on. I think Its different from window to window.

if you want to try and edit the code i think you can add this line to test the functionality of a window with resizing

<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
Old 01-15-2015, 02:59 PM
Sarnak

so looking more in depth there is a problem with resizing the target window which makes alot of people not add the functionality to the UI. using the line i posted will make the window resizable but not movable. so yeah :P

but I am almost positive I remember a target window that was resizable and minimizable back during PoP.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
Yeah, I actually tried that last night. When testing, I did notice that you could no longer move the target window by drag and drop but you could move it by re-sizing it across the screen.

The main issue still is that the health indicator inside the target window was static. I'm assuming making this component dynamic is not trivial. Maybe it is only static cause I'm using the Vert Target Window? I'll have to try the default/Velious when I get home.
Last edited by Chronoburn; 01-15-2015 at 03:43 PM..
Old 01-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so looking more in depth there is a problem with resizing the target window which makes alot of people not add the functionality to the UI. using the line i posted will make the window resizable but not movable. so yeah :P

but I am almost positive I remember a target window that was resizable and minimizable back during PoP.
this is determined by the window type, but while you'll be able to resize the target window the health bars ect. wont resize (unless you build one with custom textures that somehow scaled with the window)
Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only redeeming factor of this ui is the mirror portrait and the fact that you could alt+enter and not have to use it..
Old 01-16-2015, 05:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was wondering if anyone's UI had an adjustable/re-sizeable Target Window?
Not in Classic, but it can be done, and is what traditional custom UI's was about.

I found this link for you, its not a tool. I won't provide any tools which there are some in the official development kits, you will have to find those on your own.

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/fa...terface_basics

2 things i want to point about the link.

What are TGA files and how do I edit them?

A .tga file is commonly used graphic file format. So all the .tga files you see in the interface folder are the graphics for the interface.

A graphics editing program is needed to view and edit these files. Adobe Photoshop, JASC Paint Shop Pro and GIMP are a few of many graphic editing programs you can use. Just do a search in google to find more information on where to get obtain programs.

The Everquest Interface can use other graphic file formats too. More information on that can be found by searching our forums. I suggest if your just starting you stick with .tga's.

In the Graphics Tutorials & Info forum you can find some great information on how to make your own graphics.

The developers of the Everquest Interface have released some basic information in a file called AboutSIDL.doc. This file can be found in your default interface folder. C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\UIFiles\default\AboutSIDL.doc. (location may be different on your computer)

Resizing windows in classic won't resize the other parts of the window, those are all separate pieces and is why SOE came out with a better UI later in history, IF not for the purposes of higher resolution's sake of monitors

Verant's version played on 640x480 and is why after the buy-out everything became separate pieces. wish people would learn that, but anyways. Hope this help explain what your your looking at.

Dont worry about your monitor, if you can run Meridian59 which you can still jump onto the 1 server it has, and is about to release to STEAM you wont run into any problems from any future updates here on a emu server. Verant code has already been found to never work with sony xml code. This was proven way back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x3JiS6EIz0

"She wished for gold, but not the strength to carry it!"-Unknown
Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-16-2015 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: Highlight
Old 01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasMinor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not in Classic, but it can be done, and is what traditional custom UI's was about.

I found this link for you, its not a tool. I won't provide any tools which there are some in the official development kits, you will have to find those on your own.

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/fa...terface_basics

2 things i want to point about the link.

What are TGA files and how do I edit them?

A .tga file is commonly used graphic file format. So all the .tga files you see in the interface folder are the graphics for the interface.

A graphics editing program is needed to view and edit these files. Adobe Photoshop, JASC Paint Shop Pro and GIMP are a few of many graphic editing programs you can use. Just do a search in google to find more information on where to get obtain programs.

The Everquest Interface can use other graphic file formats too. More information on that can be found by searching our forums. I suggest if your just starting you stick with .tga's.

In the Graphics Tutorials & Info forum you can find some great information on how to make your own graphics.

The developers of the Everquest Interface have released some basic information in a file called AboutSIDL.doc. This file can be found in your default interface folder. C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\UIFiles\default\AboutSIDL.doc. (location may be different on your computer)

Resizing windows in classic won't resize the other parts of the window, those are all separate pieces and is why SOE came out with a better UI later in history, IF not for the purposes of higher resolution's sake of monitors

Verant's version played on 640x480 and is why after the buy-out everything became separate pieces. wish people would learn that, but anyways. Hope this help explain what your your looking at.

Dont worry about your monitor, if you can run Meridian59 which you can still jump onto the 1 server it has, and is about to release to STEAM you wont run into any problems from any future updates here on a emu server. Verant code has already been found to never work with sony xml code. This was proven way back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x3JiS6EIz0
Great information. Thanks Atlas.
Last edited by Chronoburn; 01-16-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Old 01-23-2015, 11:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

[IMG][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][/IMG]

MyCasterBeatdownBox

Completely standard rework.

T.King spellbook
T.King buff/spell icons

All code was rewritten to skin the default.UI

10 button hotbars, but this game never needed more than 1 hotbar other than socials,callouts... ect.

Velious buff window, re-coded.

Actions window, re-coded, trimmed and skinned.

Collapsible windows were i thought it should be [TRUE]

Im not handing any UI's out now that UI nerfs are being talked about. sorry guys.

LOOK AT THOSE GEMS STONES,custom fitted , yummy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"She wished for gold, but not the strength to carry it!"-Unknown