Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 03:25 AM
Aviak

Default 1H or 2H for Warrior Soloing?

I've been soloing on my moderately twinked (read: No Fungi) Warrior for a while now. I just like the exp gain and the ability to go at my own pace. My question is should I be using 2H or Dual Wielding to get the most damage?

For reference, my 2H is Staff of Battle and my Dual Wield setup is currently Veno Axe+Frostbringer.

It seems like they do pretty comparable damage at level 34, tbh. I've heard a lot about how Staff of Battle just blows DW out of the water, but I haven't found that to be the case, or maybe I'm just showing confirmation bias. It seems like the extra 17 AC might also be relevant considering every extra damage I take needs to be bandaged back up.

Anyone have any suggestions or evidence one way or the other? Is there a better pure damage dual-wield setup that I could be utilizing for a comparable price? Is Staff of Battle just the best option?
Old 06-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Kobold

Would also like to know this for a SK.. mine just hit 20 and i need to know if getting a 2h is worth it and what is a decent one for low low cash. thanks.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

A good warrior uses many weapons and has his bars setup to swap fast from items in bags. Haste is the biggest upgrade. To use a 2H effectively solo'ing you should try to stay in berserk.

Check out this strat I've used many times; http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...58&postcount=3
Old 06-10-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

I solo'd my warrior from 24-49 and I found my 2h weapon did fine till about 36-37.

I have no tables or stats or numbers to give you on this, but in my experience using frostbringer/infestation began to match my damage output and I started taking less damage it seemed meaning I was killing faster with the 2 weapons used compared to my 2h weapon. By level 40, I was keeping my 2h weapon bagged and only using the DW configuration.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Aviak

At 34 I'd stick with 2h for soloing. You will hit harder with ripostes, and you won't get hit with a riposte as often as your swing is slower. In the mid 40s the sheer range of damage your 2 hander will hit in will make it unreliable. You will double for 100+ on one swing and single for 40 on the next. Once that becomes an issue DW becomes a bit more reliable.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Banned

Dual wield til your zerkin then clobber the swine to paste
Closed Thread