Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Large Rat

Default Most common/rare tank classes?

About to start playing EQ P99 for the first time in a few days and was just wondering of the 3 tank classes, which ones seems to be most popular/common to see around and to what you hardly see that much in comparison.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:32 PM
Aviak

http://https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229828

But my general experience (most active before hybrid xp penalty patch) was: counting all tank classes meaning anyone with the taunt skill, not counting level 60's, there was rarely many Rangers or Paladins to be found.

By far the most common was warrior, but if you count anyone who "tanked" in casual Xp groups it was monks by a landslide.

Checking that link's population chart the least common however would be a gnome warrior of which there was only 1 online at that time.
Last edited by rajax; 06-15-2017 at 05:37 PM..
Old 06-15-2017, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Prob Paladin most rare
Old 06-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think either knight class is really popular, but even more so certain races with sk/pal are very uncommon.

Like erudite pally/sks, they are not common.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Banned

Dark Elf Shadow Knights and Dwarven Pallys are both pretty good at fashion quest and 'under played'. Erudite Knights being the rarest for sure (I think they look terrible)
Old 06-16-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

I am currently planning out my final character, a female tank. Female tanks are rare in general, but ive been debating an Erudite SK or Paladin woman, or a Dark Elf SK, High Elf Paladin, Iksar Warrior, SK, or Monk female. I have to decide animations vs broken gearsets on rarer stuff vs losing out on the overpowered min max stuff. I dont want ogre or troll ;D

I think Erudite Female Paladins are the rarest thing ever though. I am leaning Erudite Female SK though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2017, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About to start playing EQ P99 for the first time in a few days and was just wondering of the 3 tank classes, which ones seems to be most popular/common to see around and to what you hardly see that much in comparison.
None of the three primary tank classes break the top 4 for popularity. Paladins remain the least popular class on Project 1999. Warriors are typically mid-range. Shadow Knights tend to sit between those two, usually floating around 4th or 5th from the bottom--certainly not popular, but not excessively rare either.

While Warriors as a class aren't particularly rare, medium-race Warriors in general tend to be rather uncommon.

Danth
Closed Thread