Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 08:52 AM
Kobold

Default Two-handers, in general

I'm a 52 DE SK. I have been searching for a 2H weapon since like level 30. I bought Vindication like a month ago and quickly realized I was duped, as the weapon is simply no good in virtually any group, or when soloing/fear-kiting, as it dispells debuffs such as slow, snare and other dots.

I was able to flip the Vindication at a 100pp loss, and kept searching for something else I can afford. Just last night I bought a Rod of Lamentation, and an Oggok Cleaver and they're both friggin nice! The rod has a 90pt DD with 6 second stun on it, and with the cleaver I was doubling for 160s.

Wondering if you know of any other comparable two-handers I should be looking at or if these are pretty much good for the < a few K range?

Now it's time to look at upgrading my 1H. Been using Noct blade for at least 25 levels and I am going to try to grab a Sword of Pain with some guildies.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe Incarnadine 2h sword might be useful, fair damage... only costs 1.5k. Exquisite velium 2h weapons are decent ratio but extremely expensive. Really not a lot of high quality 2h weapons out there. The Doljonimarinar or w/e it's called looks great and has nice proc, decent ratio but again very expensive, 10-15k.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineubis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a 52 DE SK. I have been searching for a 2H weapon since like level 30. I bought Vindication like a month ago and quickly realized I was duped, as the weapon is simply no good in virtually any group, or when soloing/fear-kiting, as it dispells debuffs such as slow, snare and other dots.

I was able to flip the Vindication at a 100pp loss, and kept searching for something else I can afford. Just last night I bought a Rod of Lamentation, and an Oggok Cleaver and they're both friggin nice! The rod has a 90pt DD with 6 second stun on it, and with the cleaver I was doubling for 160s.

Wondering if you know of any other comparable two-handers I should be looking at or if these are pretty much good for the < a few K range?

Now it's time to look at upgrading my 1H. Been using Noct blade for at least 25 levels and I am going to try to grab a Sword of Pain with some guildies.
Sounds like you got yourself a good couple 2hers..I know there's another decent 2h with a good proc I just can't remember the name..but it's an AoE proc like rain of fire or something,...can't recall tbh
Old 05-17-2017, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0q1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you got yourself a good couple 2hers..I know there's another decent 2h with a good proc I just can't remember the name..but it's an AoE proc like rain of fire or something,...can't recall tbh
Poison Wind Censer. Not recommended for anybody level 50 and above.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:50 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Incarnadine 2h sword might be useful, fair damage... only costs 1.5k. Exquisite velium 2h weapons are decent ratio but extremely expensive. Really not a lot of high quality 2h weapons out there. The Doljonimarinar or w/e it's called looks great and has nice proc, decent ratio but again very expensive, 10-15k.
Exquisite Velium weapons aren't worth it imo
Old 05-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poison Wind Censer. Not recommended for anybody level 50 and above.
well it only procs at lvl 50 + lol
Old 05-17-2017, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0q1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why you won't use it after you get to level 50. The proc is an AE rain that actually hits you in addition to two other targets. It's made worse by the fact that the weapon reduces your poison resist by 30, so it's harder for you to resist it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the guy is over lvl 50 pretty sure he aint trying to nuke himself dead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Idk didn't you see that thread last week. SKs are garbage. ����

Honestly 2h aren't really worth it. Get urself a good shield and 1hs

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 05-17-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Two-handed weapons are better when fear kiting because of their delay, making it easier to time swings while staying in melee range. Iceflame is pretty good for the price with a better ratio than Dolj, although SK max piercing skill is 210(?) compared to 225 for 2hs/2hb. The two-handed bonus damage will be incoming eventually. Reserve sword and board for groups imo.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Polished_Obsidian_Great_Axe
Last edited by Ennewi; 05-17-2017 at 12:15 PM..
Closed Thread