Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Orc

Default Stuck around lvl 34 advice? (class advice too)

Hey! I've been playing casually for a few months. I cant seem to get past the mid 30's before I think " Is this all this class will ever do " then start to get the idea to reroll. So far I have

35 necro
34 mage
35 paladin
then two account worth of random teens.

I am happy in at least I didnt go crazy and sell my items for each reroll, but I am really stuck.

I really enjoy dealing damage, I like to see numbers, but I cant deal with being killed caught without a pet (mage), not being able to deal any damage (paladin) or being able to do both, but there's no reason to group as a necro.

I am thinking maybe a melee class, that can deal damage, but doesn't have to run from a fight?

I have an 18 warrior, and liked tanking to a degree and critical hits, but made a halfling for the xp bonus, but feel a little gimped vs a troll or iksar

I havent tried rogue, or ranger.

any advice appreciated, thanks!

ps. I have 1000 plat to outfit any attempt
Old 06-28-2016, 03:37 PM
Kobold

Shaman or enchanter are the options you are looking for. Why?

The grievances you listed with mage, paladin, necro, are they are generally good for one singular purpose. Classes like shaman and enchanter are viable in group and solo roles, and require different playstyles in both. Also, if you aren't a slacker, both are extremely active.

Regarding your mention of melee, monk might be a great fit. Why? You want to be able to deal damage, you are generally the puller for the group, you can also be the tank in certain scenarios, and you can solo quite well, last but not least, you never have to run, just fd = ).

Or just choose warrior and be a wall, and say buff me. Always fun imo.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Necro's are really underrated in a group setting. Patching healing mana bots with dps!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

You might like SK better than pally, you will have necro stuff in plate with harm touch =P?
Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM
Orc

Well, I I've tried enchanter, albeit low level. I just didn't like being destroyed in melee.

I guess something else I did like was being able to be self reliant on the most important stat in the game (runspeed) I know shamans can self buff, rangers can at 30, or you can buy Jboots or potions, but I feel like a cheapskate I guess ;w;

I do have a lvl 6 monk with some cured silk and two trace staffs, seems pretty powerful, just needs some AC/HP rings and that 300p staff to run to 50?

I guess I just like being able to do it all
Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Banned

After the mid levels, if you are fighting solo, almost every class gets destroyed in melee.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Banned

Try monk.

Very versatile, can solo, great dps I'm groups, can pull if u didn't want to just mondlessly press attack, not gimped as a pure melee (mend, fd, sneak)
Old 06-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Orc

I did enjoy necro, it just feels passive even though I am doing so much. Was great to solo and in groups it was fun to charm or help out, but it just didnt ever feel like I was doing much.

My necro is parked at 34, just for when I hit the wall again I guess.

I am stuck between monk, ranger, or rogue I guess. Though I think the only one that gets to dual weild is rogue because of best ratio 2hb weapons.
Old 06-28-2016, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

wHAT ABOUT A BARD?
Old 06-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Orc

I thought about that, I do have one at level 9 already. I do have some great armor I could pass over to it, and a few weapons. I made macros to do three songs per press so not that annoying for groups. I dont know _(. _.)_

I seem to be really indecisive, I want a solo king who is a groups best things who can take a hit without pulling up a robe to shit
Closed Thread