Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every shaman is a melee shaman. If you are killing anything worth killing it summons and you cannot root rot it. You are fighting it in melee range. Your melee DPS sucks. Get something that procs or don't even bother.
I have been able to root-rot things that summon. It's fun.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:54 PM
Banned

Yeah it must be fun doing things in the most difficult inefficient manner. Yawn, pass
Old 09-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman are a caster class that can stand in melee range if they desire to. They are not a melee dps class with spells.

I think that's the best way to sum it up, since sometimes people seem to get the impression that shaman are a real melee class.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

I think Shaman are melee classes until level 34 when they get the pet spell.

Once they get the pet spell, you can just cast root, snare, send in your dog and dot and let the dog do the damage, but pull it back so it doesn't do more than 50%.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Rune_Etched_Icewurm_Fang
or
epic
are your best bets for effective melee as a shaman. There really are not a ton of choice.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Jade_Chokidai_Prod
is not a bad option until you can afford/find a icewurm fang(they're super rare)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it must be fun doing things in the most difficult inefficient manner. Yawn, pass
It's not difficult, nor inefficient. I'm not going to argue though. It won't do any good and I don't care how you choose to play the game (if you even do.)
Old 09-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Kobold

To answer your Q's ; Yes can mele as sham. I had banded armour, 5/55hp rings and a PWC. No haste, no other gear and was iksar. I mostly mele sham'd til 34. I then self quested scaled mystic armour, then root rotted. I did however still mele sham til 49 to keep def and mele skills up. It was do able but lacked dps and couldn't med while mele, so wasn't as viable, but do able.
What I'm saying is - with only low end/self quested gear I could mele sham til 49 no problems. Wasn't the fastest way once 34+ but easily doable.
With your budget a granite face grinder or barb hammer + SCHW or FBSS, it will be much better.
Plate look on a budget for a barb : buy totemic armour. Sham only armour that has plate look!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:50 PM
Kobold

There's absolutely no reason why a Shaman can't tank n spank mobs all the way till they hit level 60 and be just as efficient as a Rotter.

But the best part is, if you gear for HP and AC then you can still Rot with absolutely zero loss of efficiency over a Wisdom geared papershaman. It's the best of both worlds and can be done without Fungi/Ceremonial (although clearly its much better with).
Old 09-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not difficult, nor inefficient. I'm not going to argue though. It won't do any good and I don't care how you choose to play the game (if you even do.)
You made the right choice, that guy got griefed off the server.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You made the right choice, that guy got griefed off the server.
Awesome. Thanks Jeff.
Closed Thread