Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-25-2016, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Default GINA

Anyone use GINA and experience sporadic issues with the program failing to find the log file (apparently)? The path to the EQ folder is correct and the path to the character log file is correct but it frequently doesn't work. I hit the "play" button on a character and I see no logging being picked up in the window and no triggers fire.

For a while the only fix I found was turning log off then log on and it would start working. Now that isn't working, either. I was literally just using it and it was working and went AFK..returned to screen and it's no longer working and nothing I try is helping. Anyone else had similar issues?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you have a corrupt log file. Create a new directory in your log folder and move all your current log files into there to keep them for archival purposes. The next time you log in it will automatically create brand new log files assuming you have logging enabled.

Another thing you could try is running GINA with administrative privileges, but I'm guessing that's not the problem if it works for awhile and then cuts out after a bit.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the response. I tried removing the log file and letting it create a new one but still doesn't work. Really don't get why this doesn't work.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely sounds like it's having some issue reading your log files. Do you have EQ or GINA installed in your Program Files directory? If so, you should cut and paste them into a different directory just to rule out any access privilege shenanigans. You'll have to make new shortcuts (don't forget the patchme at the end of the EQ target path) and then point GINA to the new log folder path in Settings, and reassign the log file path in the Character Editor.

Barring that, you could try reinstalling the program, or running a disk defrag on your hard drive - more than 10% fragmented disk space = bad.