Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And a side note about this one... My serious relationship before I met my wife I thought this would be a great idea. My Significant other got so addicted to gaming, she quit cooking/cleaning/sometimes showering/started to have terrible hygiene/then ended up loosing her job due to not wanting to miss raids and not have the raid attendance/DKP to get items.

Needless to say, our relationship ended not much longer after that, which I had to kick her out of the house because she was leeching me dry to play video games. Ever since then I have never, NEVER wanted to date a girl that was into gaming. I will let my wife think they are stupid all day...
Sounds like you were in a bad relationship with someone who just wanted take advantage of you. :/

Gaming probably brought this facet of her personality to the surface, rather than caused it. Props for ditching the bad egg before you accidentally put a ring on that, though!

I know alot of people in relationships where both people game. My husband didn't introduce me to gaming, but it is nice that we have that in common. He doesn't play P1999, but we will still relax side-by-side and lean over to kiss each other occasionally or get each other a new soda. I play P1999. He plays D3. He updates me on the new D3 changes, I update him that a bunch of RMT'ers just got the banhammer. Everyone is happy!

And yes, I took a shower today.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Kobold

Only play when your significant other is not around.
Log off 30 minutes before they get home so you can 'wind down' from gaming brain.
Use that time to do some dishes, clean, vaccum, etc.
When they notice that you haven't been playing much and ask you if you want to, resist the urge to jump for joy.
Play it cool.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksiom2k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Log off 30 minutes before they get home so you can 'wind down' from gaming brain.
When they notice that you haven't been playing much and ask you if you want to, resist the urge to jump for joy.
Play it cool.
wwwhhhhhaaaaaatttt?????
Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wwwhhhhhaaaaaatttt?????
it works
Old 03-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Banned

Wink

Play at work and on girls night out.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksiom2k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play it cool.
wise words. og chill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you were in a bad relationship with someone who just wanted take advantage of you. :/

Gaming probably brought this facet of her personality to the surface, rather than caused it. Props for ditching the bad egg before you accidentally put a ring on that, though!

I know alot of people in relationships where both people game. My husband didn't introduce me to gaming, but it is nice that we have that in common. He doesn't play P1999, but we will still relax side-by-side and lean over to kiss each other occasionally or get each other a new soda. I play P1999. He plays D3. He updates me on the new D3 changes, I update him that a bunch of RMT'ers just got the banhammer. Everyone is happy!

And yes, I took a shower today.
that's freaking adorable, and kudos to both of you for maximizing time together with personal hobbies.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
it works
Do this all the time.

Can get a lot done just simply throwing laundry in and tidying up.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Banned

Ok serious note on how to deal with wife aggro.

Grow a fucking pair.

My wife watches her shit on TV and I play games. If she don't like it I'll deport her and bring another over.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Aviak

Me and my woman get along great despite the fact I've been a gamer all my life and spend as much time as possible on EQ. I've made a few rules for myself to make sure I don't die of starvation single in my underwear while raiding.

1. Don't ever choose pixels over woman
2. Do SOMETHING, ANYTHING every day. Take out the garbage, load/unload the dishwasher, mow the lawn, make the bed etc.
3. It's been mentioned before but give woman sexy time often. Stay off the pron so you can perform.
4. If your woman gets home after you don't let her see you sitting at the computer playing EQ every night. She will assume that is all you do when she's not around.
5. I bought a Wii and her favorite game Pikmin to carve out some mutual gaming time.
Old 03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok serious note on how to deal with wife aggro.

Grow a fucking pair.

My wife watches her shit on TV and I play games. If she don't like it I'll deport her and bring another over.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2edgy4me

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread