Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50-55 TD raptors

55 - 60 Animal pits in permafrost
at 50 i would say quad spirocs still, even at 51. raptors is best at 52 when you get animal tash and also the new charm spell? just my opinion.

chardok charming is nice at 58-60 as well. it can get anoying to have to find new pets to charm, but u can always charm, buff, kill one mob, camp so pet regens to full hp, recharm, continue. that made soloing the ph's for the betrayer camp much easier for my monk
Old 04-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello! Trying to compile a (see above topic) with level ranges!
Any all input is greatly appreciated.

14 - 20. Oasis crocs

18-24 EK dogs

18-30 SK misc animals

24- 30 everfrost mammers

30-40 OT khinos cats

35?+ EJ. Trak
19-24 Griffenne in NK

34-55 Kedge Keep everything but mermaids

55-60 Perma Bear Pit or Kedge Seahorse Cave
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

are you the same Daldaen from Machin Shin?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Kobold

yardcore I prolly looked at your sig for 5 minutes. epic ball handling
Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seen a druid charming the dogs in chardok when i exped there before..

probably not a solo charm camp though.
I soloed there for fun at around 56 or so, near the exit. It *can* be a solo exp spot, but it's not efficient by any means. Mobs end up taking way to long to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
19-24 Griffenne in NK

Forgot about kedge, but if I'm thinking the same thing about the Seahorse cave (ie, the same place the corrupted spawns) it's a hard break solo. I gave up trying to break it for my epic, and just brought some friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auvdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgot about kedge, but if I'm thinking the same thing about the Seahorse cave (ie, the same place the corrupted spawns) it's a hard break solo. I gave up trying to break it for my epic, and just brought some friends.
I broke it solo and did about half of 60 there.

Just takes practice getting used to it. To do it:

Invis in, go left into 1st room on left. Check to see if the pathing seahorse is in there. If not... Charm the seahorse in there. If it is wait for it to leave.

Creep outward, and sic your pet on one of the 3 seahorses in the main room. Immediately cycle through the 3 and root all 3 (and glamour all 3). (If you get a break charm before you get 1-2 roots off, just get your back to a wall/ceiling and gate.)

Invis when pet is low on HP, root your previous pet, charm a new pet (who is likely rooted near 2-3 other seahorses) and sic it on them. ES Vambrace old pet if still alive.

Rinse/repeat until all are dead in that room. Go to back room on the left where there should be 1 more seahorse, sic pet, root. DoT if you need. If you have a healthy pet you can go in matriarch room on the right and kill it same dealio. If you have more, you can kill the mermaid just outside as well as breaking the undertow room which takes some sort of practice as well.

For undertow, if he/his PH isn't up, root 1 of the seahorses in his chamber, which should aggro the other and drag it into the seahorse cave with you. You don't want to drag your pet out because he will just aggro the hidden piranhas in the ceiling.

Kill that pet/your pet same way as before. Root unpetted mob, break charm when HP is low on your own pet, root previous pet and ES Vambrace it to finish it.

Post if you have any questions regarding kedge...

I've done every named in there solo except Corrupted / Estrella / Phinny. I'm pretty sure I could get Corrupted with raid gear / some luck. Same with Estrella. But... I don't play enough to warrant dropping my level padding trying this stuff :/.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
19-24 Griffenne in NK

what's a good KK camp at around... 51ish? also, assuming you charm 1, kill other mobs with it, let it break and kill it for exp?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Kobold

I charmed mainly from 14-55(where I quit).

14 - 21 East Karana - Lioness, Lions, Wolves, Gryphons next to gorge entrance.

21 - 31 Lake of Ill Omen - Sabertooth Tigress, Tigers before the windmill, then Grimalkins past the windmill(Was the BEST exp I found @30).

31 - 46 The Overthere - Rhinos and Sabretooths.("a Kunark rhino" with the capital K are lower level then "a kunark rhino" with lowercase k) I set up camp along the wall next to Frontier Mountains and Skyfire and would pull several animals and keep them feared/snared along the wall.

46 - 51 I was able to purchase a Lumi staff which brought me to 51(BB Dorfs, TD Spirocs)

51-55 Timorous Deep - Raptors. Excellent exp, just make sure you have levitate on at all times.

55+ Permafrost pits.
Last edited by Tuffpuppy; 04-23-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you the same Daldaen from Machin Shin?
Yes I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingelefoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what's a good KK camp at around... 51ish? also, assuming you charm 1, kill other mobs with it, let it break and kill it for exp?
More or less. At 51... look @ EQ Atlas. Room 16, 15, 14 is a nice camp. Room 14 can be a difficult break however as its 4 sharks. Room 15 has 2 seahorses with 1 pathing shark. Room 16 is a static shark.

Best bet is to start in either room 15 or 14. Get in a location where you aren't in aggro and charm a mob which isn't too close to other mobs. Ideally the way you'll want to charm it is so that when you charm it, nothing else aggros on you the second you charm it. Then the second after its charmed it'll start swimming towards you, making any sharks it passes by aggro on your pet. Root all of the sharks that do this.

Same deal with Room 15, charm a seahorse, sic it on the other one or let it follow some retarded pathing to get to you, in the process it will get proxy aggro on the other seahorse and/or shark. Root the extras, let pet get low break charm.

The reason I say more or less is... 1v1 charming is a good beginner strategy, but if you want to speed it up and be a boss, you start taking on entire rooms at the same time. Root is your friend. It is very reliable at higher levels (49+... the 56 root is amazing), and it can basically lock down an entire room in 10s.

The main problem comes from a near immediate charm break. Where you charm mob x, it swims to you for a second it aggros the rest of the room... then the 2nd second charm breaks. Now you have 4 unrooted mobs on your face. Due to channeling spells in watering sucking balls, I generally just put on my gosu-micro face and swim the hell out of the zone (I have it memorized basically how many clicks I need to get through double gates, what compass direction I need to be facing when I leave each bubble tube etc...)

So it can be deadly and I've needed my fair share of rezzes out of kedge, but due to it not being very farmed when I exped there, and getting a nice system down on the named mobs, I could easily pay for all those rezzes I ended up needing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread