Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What's your preferred drug?
Heroin 15 10.87%
Cocaine 17 12.32%
Ethanol 6 4.35%
Marijuana 72 52.17%
Psychedelics 12 8.70%
Faggot raver shit 15 10.87%
Meth 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:05 PM
Banned

mods polluting my list of classy substances with filthy toothless scumbag drugs
Old 11-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take it from someone that worked in a field FULL of drug abusers for years: if you use drugs recreationally, you ARE an F-up. That includes alchohol, if you are consistantly drinking til you get buzzed.
Numbing your brain for fun is F'd up.
I dont doubt that some people do find themselves addicted and fuckup their lives. From personal experience i can tell you, my rationalizations are not flawed. For the last 9 years ive taken every recreational drug listed on this poll (and some that arent listed such as PCP) several times. Knowing full well through historical data that most of them are extremely habit forming. I have yet to come close to anything like an addiction. You might ask yourself, "well if he is addicted, how would he know?" Simply put, even as i write this, i havent been high on a drug in over 3 weeks, and im fine with it. No DTs, no withdrawals. I havent had the time recently, with my job and midterms the last few weeks have required my full time. This is the fundamental difference between a user and an abuser.
Maybe im a fluke, or have an unnatural self control. I find it hard to believe that my self control levels are any higher than the normal person, considering i am very addicted to nicotine. Cigarettes imo are the worst substance to abuse. They dont get you high and when you go without them, you feel like shit, and ultimately the end result is a gasping death.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Aviak

The vast majority of people who use drugs do so recreationally and are not addicts. These people of course do not make for good television and movies so all the media feeds us is the tiny minority of people who become addicts.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

nothing wrong with abusing marijuana!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Kobold

1. LSD
2. MDMA
3. Marijuana

Preferably a combination of any/all of the above.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a common misconception that if one uses drugs they are a fuckup. the fundamental difference is drug use vs. drug abuse. I consider myself a drug user, getting high at night before i play video games, or when going to a party. I use drugs to enhance free time, because it is exactly that, free time. I dont go to classes high, and i dont study high, i dont even go to work high. I currently have a job and i am going to university, both of which are going very well, despite what you may think about my drug use. There is a line between time for work and time for play, and as long as you have some semblance of self control its not hard to maintain this separation.
A drug user finds themselves being blurred into the category of drug abuser once they feel the obligatory need to reach that high. Once you need to get high before work just deal with it, thats when there is a problem. That being said, there is a difference between need and want. Wanting to get high before a party or before u sit down to play eq is fine. Its your free time and no one should be able to tell you how to use it. Wanting to get high before work is fine as well, but you should recognize that this is not your free time, someone is paying you for that time, respect that. The problem arises when you need to get high before anything, imo it might be time to take a step back and ask yourself if it truly is a requirement or not. And if the answer to that question is yes, then seek medical help. Doctors are there to help you, its their hippocratic responsibility to do so. Only when someone realizes they have an abuse problem, but chooses the drug over a healthy life would i classify them as a fuckup.

Although a drug user like myself might be a rarity, we do exist. I like to have a good time when able; but when it comes to important shit, like education, and later on a career, its a no brainer. It all comes down to priorities.
I was JK. Honestly, if I wasn't in the Army, didn't have a wife, and kid I would still be smoking.
I get spice every once in awhile, when I'm stateside (currently deployed, so no drugs/alcohol for a YEAR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
But I agree with you 100%. I was working 2 jobs, going to school full time, and I use to smoke weed before EQ/quake/WoW time, or on weekends. I even dabbled with coke (during midterms and finals week to cram), and of course my FAVVVVVORITE drug would have to be either X or vicoden. I've done coke maybe 20 times in a matter of 5/6 years, X/V I took once or twice a week, weed nearly everyday, it was the only time I could sleep and eat, had some issues irl at that time.

I think everything from weed to heroin should be legal, let stupidity solve itself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

TLDR? I agree with you, I use to be a drug user.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Aviak

It makes me laugh how every drug thread has the drug users come out of the wood work and try try to convince everyone that drugs are so great.

"Dude, it has no negative effects and it actually does all this awesome stuff for you! All those studies that suggest it does do negative shit is just a fucking lie! It actually increases lung function, turn water into wine and find your fucking car keys!"

Personally, I don't care if you smoke, shoot up, whatever, but at least stop being in denial that your drug of choice is actually harmful, and you are an addict. You might handle it better than some, but you're still likely an addict.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrio40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I don't care if you smoke, shoot up, whatever, but at least stop being in denial that your drug of choice is actually harmful, and you are an addict. You might handle it better than some, but you're still likely an addict.
Depends on usage. Last cigarette I had was 15 years ago, last joint I had was about 3 months ago, last drink I had was 5 days ago.

I must be an addict.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Hate is good.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrio40 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes me laugh how every drug thread has the drug users come out of the wood work and try try to convince everyone that drugs are so great.

"Dude, it has no negative effects and it actually does all this awesome stuff for you! All those studies that suggest it does do negative shit is just a fucking lie! It actually increases lung function, turn water into wine and find your fucking car keys!"

Well said. I am kind of saddened that so many of the EQ fan base are a bunch of burnouts. I guess it is not surprising if you really think about it. I mean most are social rejects, seeing as how they sit around on a computer a majority of the time playing a game for hours on end. Many are probably unemployed...maybe from playing so much or they play so much cause they don't have a job. So it falls to reason that if you are a reject with no job (or some job that is minimum wage, while going to community college) they probably do "use" just to make themselves not want to kill themselves...lol. I mean I can't say I never tried stuff, but that was back in High School...where you all should have left it. If you are doing this stuff as an adult, then you really need to look at yourself and ask why? And please, don't get on here trying to justify why you do something that is illegal and bad for you physically, mentally, and for all of your relationships in life. It won't fly. Plus it makes you look like and addict...haha.
Closed Thread