Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Ever play castlevania 2?

Its like that.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 04-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

yeah i thought of that and immediately said "nah they couldn't actually be that retarded there's gotta be another reason"

healing isn't fuckin solar powered, it's magic you channel through faith and shit or however nerds want to say it.

ur 1+1 = shitlord

SoD brain suks 0/10 would not play
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

it's a custom ruleset that doesn't make sense and has kindergarden tier trains of logic

SoD suks 0/10 would not play
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's a custom ruleset that doesn't make sense and has kindergarden tier trains of logic

SoD suks 0/10 would not play
Ya that shit is so illogical everyone knows magic isnt affected by time of day just look at the harry potter books
Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Sarnak

harry potter uses magic and none of it is based off of worshipping gods or connecting with nature etc in order to heal people

clerics and paladins and shit use magic coupled with their faith and blessings

druids and shamans connect with nature and spirits and shit for their healing powers

why would the sun going down effect any sort of power a druid's connection with nature or a cleric's boon they've gotten from worshipping their god adequately

"sorry i can't make your health regenerate the tree spirits are telling me they are sleepy"

i mean maybe if the spell had a name about the time of day or if it was "holy light of lightness no dark allowed" i could see it but healing spells are usually something like "greater healing" etc and don't even have anything to do with any sort of metaphorical light

picking and choosing which common sense things they want to follow in the eq universe is probably the reason they died after decent servers that didn't have arbitrary rules like that set in place came about
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
harry potter uses magic and none of it is based off of worshipping gods or connecting with nature etc in order to heal people

clerics and paladins and shit use magic coupled with their faith and blessings

druids and shamans connect with nature and spirits and shit for their healing powers

why would the sun going down effect any sort of power a druid's connection with nature or a cleric's boon they've gotten from worshipping their god adequately

"sorry i can't make your health regenerate the tree spirits are telling me they are sleepy"

i mean maybe if the spell had a name about the time of day or if it was "holy light of lightness no dark allowed" i could see it but healing spells are usually something like "greater healing" etc and don't even have anything to do with any sort of metaphorical light

picking and choosing which common sense things they want to follow in the eq universe is probably the reason they died after decent servers that didn't have arbitrary rules like that set in place came about
I totally agree friend I believe players got to max level then realized their heal spells were inadequately named and then quit the server in protest
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally agree friend I believe players got to max level then realized their heal spells were inadequately named and then quit the server in protest
lol did you have to actively try and have that post go way over your head?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

or do i have to say that this arbitrary rule could be one of many because you are completely unable to extrapolate anything beyond what you see at face value
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
or do i have to say that this arbitrary rule could be one of many because you are completely unable to extrapolate anything beyond what you see at face value
No it makes perfect sense youre right I mean why would something that doesnt really exist not be held to a logical and realistic set of rules
Old 04-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it makes perfect sense youre right I mean why would something that doesnt really exist not be held to a logical and realistic set of rules
???????

you worded that shit weirdly but i'm p sure you're trying to be sarcastic here so i'll just continue one last time

how does the lack of a sun shining on a particular area of the world make powers that are completely unrelated to the sun being a light source weaker than normal?

why are these two things related?

does that mean if you bring a torch in your offhand at night you get a bonus to your healing?

it's stupid, arbitrary rules like the ones posted here http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...57&postcount=8 that make it no wonder why it's a 0/10 shit server would not play, especially their "artifical difficulty"

think about it while i get some sleep

cy@ nerd0
Closed Thread