Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

OP is a retarded person and there are 9 posts above this one explaining why, but I'll delve in myself for no good reason at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* If you can manage to kill all the spawns in your camp, and you have downtime waiting for spawns, charming one of your spawns is pointless. You didn't need more DPS.
So charm it from elsewhere, pull more mobs, or you know.... kill it when you've run out of mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
* Charming uses up one of your spawn points. Nothing will spawn in your pet's spot until he's killed. This can be bad if you're trying to maximize XP or loot.
So charm it from elsewhere, or you know.... kill it when you've run out of mobs.

Quote:
* It's an extra strain on your healers. It will break eventually. If your healer is struggling then perhaps charming isn't right for the group.
If you're bad at your class, I can see this being an issue, but an actual enchanter above level 16 will take minimal damage from a recharm and the healer should have no reason to struggle. If you can't handle your pet, you just get a weaker one. A mob 10 levels lower than you will likely out damage the rogue in your group.

Quote:
* Intense camps need all of your mana and casting time spent on mezzing and rooting and slowing and buffing. Random breaks are preventing the camp from going smoothly. One particular camp that I can think of is Karnor's basement. If you have an intense puller you can potentially get constant waves of 4+ mob pulls with no breaks, in a small space. You should probably focus on keeping the adds locked down 100% of the time.
Once again, is this from the perspective of someone who doesn't know how to play his class? Enchanting is about preparation, situational awareness, and timing. I agree that if you are moron, you shouldn't be trying to do both, but if you've made it to level 50 and you're CCing at Verix, you should definitely be able to keep a pet up. If not, go practice soloing somewhere so you can actually contribute.

Quote:
* no afk time. It's very rare to go 3, 5, or 8 hour grind sessions without needing an afk.
You can easily afk, theres a nifty spell called root and another one called memblur. Getting rid of your pet takes 7-10 seconds at best.

Quote:
For your average 6 man group the benefits are almost always marginal. Charming is probably best for camps with lots of room to recharm with little chance of taking damage - or oddball composition groups with extra heals and low dps - or duos with a healer specifically formed with charming in mind - or situationally trying to break a tough camp - or soloing of course.
Charming does not require as much space as you seem to think. You have an incredible arsenal of CC at your disposal, if your pets are getting through your runes even with 5 mobs cc'd in the background, you need to sort out your spell bar.
The benefits are astronomical, a charmed pet is an amazing off tank that can generally solo a mob by itself. A decent pet at the level you describe would be doing nearly double the DPS of any rogue the same level, and you get free xp when it runs low on health.

Overall I would say this enchanter is either level 15 or purchased his character on crimson walkthroughs.

1 star
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 04-21-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Old 04-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Honestly it seems like you don't actually want to play an enchanter, you should try some different classes.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

My favorite hole group is warrior, cleric, enchanterx4. I prefer one of the enchanters (the lowest lv) to handles mezzes for pet breaks and stuns for healers. Sometimes all the pets break on same tick and it helps to have one guy there not getting hit.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite hole group is warrior, cleric, enchanterx4. I prefer one of the enchanters (the lowest lv) to handles mezzes for pet breaks and stuns for healers. Sometimes all the pets break on same tick and it helps to have one guy there not getting hit.
In that line, I would have to say I prefer 5 enchanters and a bard.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
There has been a trend from a lot of ignorant but loud people that having a charmed pet is always the right thing to do, even mandatory, without considering the whole picture. I've had people leave groups before because I wouldn't take a pet. It's an annoying trend that results in more headache than it's worth in some cases, especially with subpar groups. Charming is powerful in SOME but not ALL situations.

* If you can manage to kill all the spawns in your camp, and you have downtime waiting for spawns, charming one of your spawns is pointless. You didn't need more DPS.

* Charming uses up one of your spawn points. Nothing will spawn in your pet's spot until he's killed. This can be bad if you're trying to maximize XP or loot.

* It's an extra strain on your healers. It will break eventually. If your healer is struggling then perhaps charming isn't right for the group.

* Intense camps need all of your mana and casting time spent on mezzing and rooting and slowing and buffing. Random breaks are preventing the camp from going smoothly. One particular camp that I can think of is Karnor's basement. If you have an intense puller you can potentially get constant waves of 4+ mob pulls with no breaks, in a small space. You should probably focus on keeping the adds locked down 100% of the time.

* no afk time. It's very rare to go 3, 5, or 8 hour grind sessions without needing an afk.

For your average 6 man group the benefits are almost always marginal. Charming is probably best for camps with lots of room to recharm with little chance of taking damage - or oddball composition groups with extra heals and low dps - or duos with a healer specifically formed with charming in mind - or situationally trying to break a tough camp - or soloing of course.
* Break charm and kill pet.

* Ae stun, clicky, lvl 4 mez, clicky, tash, clicky and charm. Re do both runes with short duration one first.

* Below lvl 30ish, yes. After lvl 30 you should rarely run out of mana. After lvl 54 you will never run out of mana. Only use root if that mob is the next target. Use lvl 4/12 mez.

* To go afk you can 1) Kill it 2) Break charm and just have someone keep it rooted 3) Break charm, mez and mem blur.

* The benefits will always be better with a charmed pet. With a torch+mithril 2hd and haste, no one is touching a enc pet in dps.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is a retarded person and there are 9 posts above this one explaining why, but I'll delve in myself for no good reason at all.

So charm it from elsewhere, pull more mobs, or you know.... kill it when you've run out of mobs.

So charm it from elsewhere, or you know.... kill it when you've run out of mobs.

If you're bad at your class, I can see this being an issue, but an actual enchanter above level 16 will take minimal damage from a recharm and the healer should have no reason to struggle. If you can't handle your pet, you just get a weaker one. A mob 10 levels lower than you will likely out damage the rogue in your group.

Once again, is this from the perspective of someone who doesn't know how to play his class? Enchanting is about preparation, situational awareness, and timing. I agree that if you are moron, you shouldn't be trying to do both, but if you've made it to level 50 and you're CCing at Verix, you should definitely be able to keep a pet up. If not, go practice soloing somewhere so you can actually contribute.

You can easily afk, theres a nifty spell called root and another one called memblur. Getting rid of your pet takes 7-10 seconds at best.

Charming does not require as much space as you seem to think. You have an incredible arsenal of CC at your disposal, if your pets are getting through your runes even with 5 mobs cc'd in the background, you need to sort out your spell bar.
The benefits are astronomical, a charmed pet is an amazing off tank that can generally solo a mob by itself. A decent pet at the level you describe would be doing nearly double the DPS of any rogue the same level, and you get free xp when it runs low on health.

Overall I would say this enchanter is either level 15 or purchased his character on crimson walkthroughs.

1 star

You must play on red. I'll just remind you that we're discussing a *game* and you had a choice to be a miserable person. Get pussy, do drugs, or something, cause you sound depressed and angry.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorumi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I generally stick to around 6 levels below me or more. At least according to the wiki. I really feel like my warrior solos better, specially if I have to drop the levels even farther. I'm practically killing greens at that point. I'm sure it gets better 50+, and it doesn't much matter cause i've kind of decided I just don't like the class. It's just the way people talk about charming I never expected it was this miserable.
It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea and isn't always super smooth. I personally enjoy it more in a duo or trio. I don't think I can say I was really enjoying the class until probably my late 30's when I was starting to solo lower guk. Then moving to CoM soloing the arena and temple, and progressing to more difficult places. Getting the regnant free rune, the higher cha buffs, better hastes/slows/boon and eventually theft of thought really take out the clunkiness I experienced in the early levels.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You must play on red. I'll just remind you that we're discussing a *game* and you had a choice to be a miserable person. Get pussy, do drugs, or something, cause you sound depressed and angry.
I think you read his post in your own voice. So it's you just reading depressed and angry. Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You seem a bit insecure, and you are definitely projecting.

Sorry you're bad at games and sorry you lost.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

I think you severely underestimate how good a charmed pet is for dps.

[Fri Apr 21 22:03:05 2017] Rupees tells the guild, 'Tunare in 313s, 766k @2449dps --- A thifling sprite 141k @462dps --- Synth 27k @89dps --- Rupees 27k @87dps --- Akashx 27k @87dps --- Koraf 26k @85dps --- Seedss 25k @80dps --- Samila 24k @78dps --- Mattis 24k @76dps --- Murderdeathkill 23k @76dps --- Ninjury 23k @74dps --- Mudwart 22k @74dps --- Tevh 21k @70dps --- Bathory 21k @69dps --- Wreckedum 20k @65dps --- Raugers 18k @60dps --- Showmee 18k @59dps'

That's our parse from Tunare last night. There were actually 2 sprites, so each accounted for 231dps - nearly 10x our top performing rogue!

By time you hit level 50 people will expect you to know your class, for an enchanter that includes charming a pet. If you're not comfortable with charming by time you get to KC you should seriously consider rolling another class.
Closed Thread