Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thats how fire departments worked up until the 1930's or so lol

they would roam around looking for fires.. then usually demand payment to put them out
Crassus, in old Rome, basically did the same thing. He also would buy up all fire damaged properties after the fact. He was the richest man in Rome, until he decided to play general, and the Persians poured molten gold down his throat to satisfy his thirst for wealth.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodeanicus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crassus, in old Rome, basically did the same thing. He also would buy up all fire damaged properties after the fact. He was the richest man in Rome, until he decided to play general, and the Persians poured molten gold down his throat to satisfy his thirst for wealth.
thx for shaere
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason being goes for many positions of authority in the world: the kinds of people who want to be in a position of authority are exactly the kinds of people who shouldn't.
have had many interactions with cops some let ya go on your merry way others have threatened and even abused and have def been unjustly treated more than once

been 40/60 good cop/bad cop in my exp and im white
Old 04-13-2012, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Story time:

Last summer I was walking from one friend's house to another's at about 11 PM. I had a backpack on with 2 sealed, unopened bottles of wine which I was going to drink at 2nd friend's house (completely legal). Between the two locations I passed by a bar and recognized a couple friends having a smoke outside, so I went over to talk to them. I was belayed slightly by a couple British hotties. Just as I was about to seal the deal, a police SUV pulled through (which was somewhat normal for them to patrol the bar). Dude stops and walks over to me and I recognize it's this kid who I graduated with. He was probably the dumbest of all the dumb bro jocks in high school so we didn't really get along very well. He immediately gets in my face, acting aggressively, demanding I give him my backpack. I tell him I don't have anything illegal (true) and don't have to give him my shit (true). He immediately snaps and is like "alright, I'm fucking sick of you already," slaps handcuffs on me, and brings me down to the police station. Writes me up to appear in court for "disorderly conduct" (note: the only thing I had to drink at this point was 1 beer from the bar). Also tells me if he sees me at any of the bars in town that night, he'll throw me in jail. So I go back to the bar to retrieve my backpack which was discarded in some bushes next to where I was standing, with my wine missing.

When I showed up at court apparently the police report he wrote said that I was drunk and he told me 3 times to leave the premises and each time I told him "fuck you" (never happened). After like 3 times having to go to court and spending $50 (refunded like a month later) they dropped the thing.

There was also supposedly a scandal surrounding that dude last summer for beating up an old man.

I've only ever interacted with a couple other cops before and both were inconsiderate assholes. So yeah, I don't like cops. The reason being goes for many positions of authority in the world: the kinds of people who want to be in a position of authority are exactly the kinds of people who shouldn't. I know that there are legitimately good cops who are capable of making good decisions, but to say they outnumber the bad ones is a laughable statement.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Banned

sums up my history of harrison posts pretty much
Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

maybe tomorrow i tell some stories of police brutality too busy to type up
-target robberies
-july 4 pt. 2
-jail trumped up pt. 1
-drinkin on the beach
-battery trumped up

tell the good ones too
-july 4 pt. 1
-house incident
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Story time:

Last summer I was walking from one friend's house to another's at about 11 PM. I had a backpack on with 2 sealed, unopened bottles of wine which I was going to drink at 2nd friend's house (completely legal). Between the two locations I passed by a bar and recognized a couple friends having a smoke outside, so I went over to talk to them. I was belayed slightly by a couple British hotties. Just as I was about to seal the deal, a police SUV pulled through (which was somewhat normal for them to patrol the bar). Dude stops and walks over to me and I recognize it's this kid who I graduated with. He was probably the dumbest of all the dumb bro jocks in high school so we didn't really get along very well. He immediately gets in my face, acting aggressively, demanding I give him my backpack. I tell him I don't have anything illegal (true) and don't have to give him my shit (true). He immediately snaps and is like "alright, I'm fucking sick of you already," slaps handcuffs on me, and brings me down to the police station. Writes me up to appear in court for "disorderly conduct" (note: the only thing I had to drink at this point was 1 beer from the bar). Also tells me if he sees me at any of the bars in town that night, he'll throw me in jail. So I go back to the bar to retrieve my backpack which was discarded in some bushes next to where I was standing, with my wine missing.

When I showed up at court apparently the police report he wrote said that I was drunk and he told me 3 times to leave the premises and each time I told him "fuck you" (never happened). After like 3 times having to go to court and spending $50 (refunded like a month later) they dropped the thing.

There was also supposedly a scandal surrounding that dude last summer for beating up an old man.

I've only ever interacted with a couple other cops before and both were inconsiderate assholes. So yeah, I don't like cops. The reason being goes for many positions of authority in the world: the kinds of people who want to be in a position of authority are exactly the kinds of people who shouldn't. I know that there are legitimately good cops who are capable of making good decisions, but to say they outnumber the bad ones is a laughable statement.
If what you say is true then that would be one of the shitty cops who I hate as well cuz they make all police look bad. Those guys are ignorant retards.

But there are definitely a lot of really good hard working police out there, regardless of the few that get them painted poorly - your example above.

Just in the future - I don't know about the bylaw in your place but most bylaws for liquor read - you are allowed to purchase liquor at a licensed establishment and bring that liquor directly to a "residence" to be stored or consumed. Or something to that effect.

If you cannot articulate or demonstrate that you are in motion travelling from one location (of purchase or storage) to another then it can be seized and destroyed. (dumped out)

YOu must also be of legal drinking age and not have consumed any liquor previously because if you have the odour of liquor on your breath and have unopenned liquor in your bags / on your person - a police officer could reasonably believe that you had consumed a bottle of liquor and were in the process of drinking another.

In this case he had grounds to believe you had consumed an unopenned bottle of liquor you had brought with you previously (not consumed at the bar) believe it or not people "LIE" to the police and they have to weigh probabilities. Usually if police give people chances (in my experience) they take advantage of these chances and don't do what they say they are going to do.

For example: "We were just on our way home" (all have a bunch of bags of liquor sitting in the park not moving). Police: ok go home and drink that or next time you will get tickets.

Police officer shows up later - bunch of broken empty bottles of liquor in the park with the same labels and bag he had seen earlier.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But just remember, they aren't all that way.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

I killed a cop....

with kindness.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:02 AM
Banned

Old 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM
Fire Giant

FreeportMilitia got worse???

Casual.