Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scikala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is true I know way to many bards, myself included who AFK'd for hours on end to keep up anything we weren't using in kites. But from personal experience I dont believe it to be so. After kiting up to 46 and getting an invite to CoM, I missed notes about 15 times in a row on the mez because my wind skill wasn't leveled. Even when I did the AFK level on Invis song it took awhile to get it going.

Personally, as a class with no double attack and no real means of doing actual melee dmg...sort of in line with Faerie I go with HP/AC/Resist/Cha/Dex

I was always under the impression we got meh returns from Sta, so I never put it too high on my list.
I did the same thing on live and woke up to find myself pvp dead a couple times :P

But a bard friend I made on SZ swore up and down that instrument skills didn't do anything beyond 1 point. We did some (admittedly limited) testing and logged ourselves each doing x number of casts of Cantata of Replenishment; me with my maxed skills and him with his skills that were never purposefully increased. The results were enough to convince me that he was right. This was live though, and like PoP era or a bit later maybe.

The way bard songs were impacted in strange ways every other patch on live leads me to believe that much of this isn't as simple as we'd hope. Honestly I'm really impressed that the P99 staff got the bard class working so well here, but I'm willing to bet that much of the bard mechanics here are not classic.

To be clear, I don't play a bard here. I was a somewhat geeky numbers bard on live. Do your own research for P99 imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW I found old EZboard TCH:

http://pub5.ezboard.com/btheconcerthall.html

EDIT: It probably wasn't Cantata of Replenishment, but the PoP level one. Whatever that was called.

Red99
Last edited by Faerie; 04-09-2014 at 01:09 PM..